What's new

The Sandwich Thread, Who Can Make The Best. (1 Viewer)

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
Start with a loaf of uncut crusty white bread. Using a sharp knife cut two slices from the center portion of the loaf about a half to three quarters of and inch thick. Lightly butter one slice and put aside. On the other slice sparingly spread some dark honey Dijon mustard. Break off two leafs of crisp dark green Cos lettuce and place on the buttered portion of bread. Next, take a large Vidalia onion and slice in half, using care slice a very thin almost iridescent wafer of onion and place on the lettuce. Next, cut two thin slices of Swiss cheese and place over the onion. Pause for a moment and think about the next phase of the creation. First, place about two ounces of wafer cut roast beef on the mustard slice of bread. Next, add about two ounces wafer cut honey glazed ham on top of the roast beef and sprinkle some fresh ground pepper on to the meat. Now carefully, put the two parts together forming the sandwich. Finally, with the lettuce at the top of the sandwich remove the top slice of bread and pour a small amount of Italian vinaigrette on to the lettuce and replace the bread cap. Stand back for a moment, and then dive in.

Any one hungry?

Cheers

Andrej Dolenc

Stunt Coordinator
I was getting hungry right up until you said lettuce. No reason to go spoiling a sandwitch with that stuff hehe.

Myself, I'm a big fan of the ham and cheese bagel. Mayo on one side, mustard (spicy brown) on the other. Add some tabasco to the cheese if you want some zing.

Andrej

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
There is a deli that I get lunch from and I am addicted to one of their sandwiches...

The Chicken Cordon Bleu: It's a wedge (sub or hero, whatever you call it) with a fried chicken breast, sliced frilled ham, melted cheese, and sweet honey mustard sauce, served HOT!

It's simple, but good.

And I don't know if you'd consider hamburgers a sandwich per say, but my favorite burger is topped with swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and russian dressing. It's called the "Reuben Burger" :) Mmmmm!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks