What's new

The Great Sammich Thread (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Some of the sandwiches in this thread seem awfully messy (I'd hate to have to eat one while at the wheel). :)
The kitchen must be a disaster area after building some of these babies!
Anybody out there just HATE a sticky, disgusting refrigerator door handle??!! Drives me nuts! :angry:

Greg Rakaska

Stunt Coordinator
Not so much a "sammich" as an appetizer, but very tasty anyway:

Ingredients: cocktail rye bread, cream cheese, swiss cheese, hard salami (the small tube kind, about 1.5"-2" diameter), and mustard (your favorite kind: yellow, brown, or whatever).

Just spread one slice of cocktail rye with cream cheese, then another slice with mustard . Add a slice of swiss, a slice (or two) of hard salami, and Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
.oO Pict-O-Sammich Oo.

[Rye bread]

Colby cheese

Pastrami

Colby cheese

Pastrami

Hot-N-Spicy Mustard

Dash-o-Tasbasco

[Rye bread]

Craig

Second Unit
The key to a good sandwich (for me anyway) is really good bread and using enough mustard, mayo, etc to get a slightly 'wet' sandwich.

Eatzi's here in Atlanta has fresh baked bread and will build your sandwich for you from a multitude of ingredients. Their sandwiches are $4.99, and there's no additional charge for as many of the extras as want.

My Eatzi's favorite:

Smoked Turkey

Whole Wheat Bread

Horseradish Mayo on one side

Honey Mustard on the other side

A couple of slices of tomato

A little shredded lettuce (not too much)

Slice of Purple Onion

2 slices of Muenster cheese

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Numer One on the Run Special
Slice of white bread, the softer the better
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Knife
Large cup of Kool-Aid
Take white bread and liberally cover with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.
Roll into a ball in the palm of your hand.
Toss in the air.
Catch in the mouth and chew.
Take big swig of Kool-Aid.
Repeat about 6 or 7 times and haul ass out the door.
Artery Hardener Classic
3 eggs scrambled
3 slices of American cheese
Lender's bagel
3 hot dog sausages
lots of Jamaican hot sauce (Tabasco is for drinking)
Tomatoes
Scallions
Lettuce
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Toast bagel and spread on I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.
Scramble eggs with hot dogs cut up into the mix along with cut up scallion and diced tomatoes.
Add the 3 slices of cheese to bagel.
Grill bagel until cheese is thoroughly melted (aka liquid).
Add eggs and sausage mixture.
Add lettuce.
Add sliced tomatoes.
Sprinkle large amounts of hot sauce at each level of assembly.
Sit somewhere that you don't care about getting messy.
Add large cup of juice or Kool-Aid.
Take small trip to Heaven.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
LoL just out of curiousity duane, why bother with the I can't beleive.. and not go for pure butter? is it a taste preference?

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Got to be health conscious somewhere amidst all the crap I eat. Just kidding. I just like the taste of it and got used to buying it so I just don't bother with butter anymore.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
honestly I've never really used butter, only time I use it is for baking, or for seafood, or popcorn.

I've never tried ICBINB maybe I should, always been a greg's gold n soft man myself.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Pamela mentioned Boarshead above. IMO they have the best deli meat. Boarshead roast beef (cold) with nice crisp lettuce, a few slices of tomato, some horseradish all on a onion roll... mmmmmmmmm.

Does anyone here actually like butter (or one of the imposters) on their PBJ? A friend of mine used to refuse to eat a PBJ without it. I tried it and it was revolting.

Anyone here enjoy liverwurst??? I haven't had it in years, but loved it as a kid!

StephenK

Stunt Coordinator
My Deli favorite....

Roast Beef and Swiss, heated til the cheese melts,

Put that on a Roll, add cole slaw and Russian Dressing...mmmm

My all time favorite: The Cuban Sandwich

Thick slices of Pernil (Pork Roasted with Garlic)

A couple of slices of Ham, Swiss cheese, Pickles and butter on a toasted sub.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Dennis- I used to like butter (margerine..) and penut butter sandwhiches.. never with jelly though

Anthony_J

Stunt Coordinator
I've come to the conclusion that butter makes everything taste better. Especially if you can get your hands on some of the french stuff.

I'm a fan of reubens in general. either the original (corned beef or pastrami with kraut and frence dressing), the commonplace turkey variation, or the coleslaw substitution.

no matter what version, you need extra dressing or ketchup for dipping.

Huge thumbs up to cheese steaks with fried onions and cheeze whiz, provolone, or american cheese. No cheese steak hoagies or pizza steaks need apply.

If I'm feeling healthy, it's usually turkey, lettuce, onions, salt/pepper, vinegar, and sweet peppers on a hoagie roll.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Mmmmmm......damn my diet. Question to Canadian friends, (doing my best Jens Raethel impression to inquire about people in other countries...) as far as your great "Smoked Meat" Sandwich, that is one of the best sandwiches ever, but what the hell exactly is that meat? Anyone know?

Chris

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
I haven't seen other parts of the country eat this, but its quite common around these parts:
Raw Hamburger
Rye Bread
Salt and Pepper
Onions
Put hamburger on bread, sprinkle with salt and pepper, top with onions. EAT. Outstanding.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator
I am kind of curious about the "smoked meat" sandwichs myself. I heard Jim Rome mention it one day on his show. He went somewhere in Canada for vacation (Quebec, I think) and he had it. Claimed it was the best sandwich ever. So I am wondering if it's really that good and what's in it?

Henry

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Hey Henry, that's funny you brought up Jim Rome. That's where I first heard about it. That was a hilarious story about Travis (I think) hyping up this sandwich then fearing it wouldn't live up to it. I think Jim was in Montreal, where it is supposed to be from (correct me if I'm wrong). When I was in Vancouver, BC a while ago a deli window said they featured this sandwich so I had to try it. It was good, not the best I'd ever had. It's just layers and layers of thinly sliced meat and a light sauce. That was it. Again, not the best sandwich ever (Rome thought it was) but pretty good.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks