What's new

The Rockford Files (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking about picking up the series on DVD but I've been wondering about the quality of the disks, any skipping issues, etc. Any comments welcome ...

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I had problems with S1 because of the double sided discs (freezing). Fortunately Uni went to single sided afterwards.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
Had a little trouble with an episode in season three, but that was entirely my player's fault. Used my PC to do a bit by bit read and found no trouble. I'd say it's safe with the possible exception of the first season (though even that is worth the risk unless you want to import).

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I have all 4 seasons and have not encountered any problems at all.

As an aside, if you are interested in viewing the series' pilot it can be found in Season 2, not Season 1 as you might expect.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I bought and watched all of the first 3 seasons of Rockford and haven't had any problems whatsoever. :)

Simon Templar

Auditioning
Real Name
Charlie
I have all four seasons that have been released so far as well.

I've had no problems but I am glad the double-sided ones were not used on seasons 2, 3, and 4.

I've been checking regularly for word of the release of season 5 but I've seen nothing. I hope they keep coming, including the 1990's Rockford Files movies.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Simon -- Cannell.com suspect Universal will release it as seasons 3&4 sold well. They said it's not on their schedule for the fall though

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I just picked up Rockford Files Season 3 and Season 4 and while it really never was one of my favourite shows to watch on television I have to admit that picking up on a new series and it's quickly becomming one of my favourite shows underneath Magnum PI and Columbo ...

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
I am currently on Disc 2 of Season 4. This show is simply fantastic.

Just wondering with Universal's recent announcements of upcoming releases (Murder, She Wrote and Magnum, etc.) if there was any word about Season 5 of Rockford on the horizon.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Great show, this. I've only been working my way slowly through season one, but I just encountered my first glitch, unfortunately...the image freezes up in the first 20 mins of "The Case is Closed, part 1" (on side B of disc 1)...I can chapter skip past the problem area and the rest of the ep plays fine. It's the only glitch I seen yet on the set, but needless to say, I'm not happy about it. I bought this last year. I suppose it's too late to get a replacement disc from Universal?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I wish Universal would repress the DVD-18s into new single sided discs. I didnt buy season 1 of this show, and quite a few others just because of the freezing issues of DVD-18s. They did repress Northern Exposure season 1 and 2, so who knows?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks