What's new

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Josh Steinberg submitted a new blog post

The River's Edge Blu-ray Review (Twilight Time)
Rivers-Edge-poster-1024x780.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
From the review....

"The River’s Edge is a surprisingly deep film, which blends elements of the film noir and contemporary western genres, set on the biggest CinemaScope canvas, but ultimately is more concerned with story than action. Featuring above-average characterizations, and great performances by the leading trio of Ray Milland, Anthony Quinn and Debra Paget, it’s a surprisingly deep film masquerading as a b-movie programmer. Twilight Time’s presentation carries over a great commentary from Fox’s earlier DVD edition, while adding an isolated score track and their typical high quality presentation and packaging."

Sounds good! I'm going to add The River's Edge to my Twilight Time wish list.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
He’s fantastic in it. I love his cleverness and deviousness in Dial M For Murder, which is sort of my frame of reference for him, and I wasn’t quite prepared for the brutality of his portrayal here. I love the journey his character goes on here; I feel that they really earned that ending.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched my TT Blu-ray today and thought your fine review hit the nail on the head about the audio and video presentations. It's a move that I never loved, but I do like the performances in it so I bought the BD anyway. I need to listen to the audio commentary on my next viewing.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Any news recently about TT? Is the company all done?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Why are you asking that?

A number of reasons, beginning with the death of Mr. Redman. A severe slow-down of releases. I just wonder if the wind has gone out of the TT sails. In any case, I'm very grateful for what they have given us.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A number of reasons, beginning with the death of Mr. Redman. A severe slow-down of releases. I just wonder if the wind has gone out of the TT sails. In any case, I'm very grateful for what they have given us.
Well, I wouldn't make assumptions until we have something more concrete to go on.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I would hardly call a single month, where they had no new announcements, but instead delayed two titles from the previous month a severe slowdown, but you can panic if you wish...

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I would hardly call a single month, where they had no new announcements, but instead delayed two titles from the previous month a severe slowdown, but you can panic if you wish...

Don't seem to recall panicking about it, just observing and hoping for information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks