What's new

Directors The Ripoff/Sequel "Uncool" Tournament (1 Viewer)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Seeing a spider in the rear view mirror of the car when your driving I can only imagine this would be similar to the time a bee was buzzing around my car while driving once.

People talking on cell-phones in a movie theater. Smoking in a movie theater??? Are there people that actually do that??? I would think they would get tossed pretty quick.

bird crap on a clean caractually, Bob Saget is much uncooler.

Edit to quickly change vote #3

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Seeing a spider in the rear view mirror of the car when your driving --going with your mother might actually be cool--acting as the duitful offspring. Now going with your wife would be uncool.

People talking on cell-phones in a movie theater.--I remember smoking sections in movie theaters in the Far East many years ago. Annoying as smoking is to me (now), talking disrupts the movie.

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
going to garage sales with your mother
People talking on cell-phones in a movie theater.
Bob Saget

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
garage sale (spiders I can deal with, it's flying bugs in the car I can't stand)

Cell Phones (conceptually smoking would be worse but I've never experienced it)

Bob Saget

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
smoking: both are awful, but I'd rather put up with the cellphone user than someone blowing their smoke near me

Arman

Screenwriter
smoking in movie theaters
bird crap on a clean car

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
going to garage sales with your mother - I guess.
People talking on cell-phones in a movie theater - My worst experience was during Chicago when someone was yelling over the top of a music sequence. I have never experienced smoking in a theatre though it would be very uncool.
bird crap on a clean car - this seems to happen a lot more since I bought a new car last year. Bob Saget doesn't get any air time over here so i'm not bothered by his uncoolness.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member

smoking in movie theaters
as uncool as cell phones would be, smoking would be 100 times more uncool.

Bob Saget

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
garage sales, cell phones in the theater, and Bob Saget win.

I broke a tie in favor of cell phones in the theater - I've never encountered smoking in a theater. As was noted earlier, does anyone really do it?

Round 1 - Bracket 19

Treppenwitz—the wit of the stairs, referring to the witty and devastating comeback that occurs to you too late (as you are leaving the party, already past the door and outside on the stairs

vs.

Teenagers running their mouths off during an entire 2-hour movie, making smart-ass MST3K comments during the entire film

Round 1 - Bracket 20

The "Hey, you try pickin' these damn matchups!" matchup!

sumo wrestlers in thongs

vs.

slow drivers

Bonus top ten list (stolen from Letterman)!

Top Ten Los Angeles Lakers' Explanations

10. Many players missed games 1 and 5 to attend Jennifer Lopez weddings

9. All of Phil Jackson's zen talk made us sleepy

8. Never should've gone with game plan prepared by Donald Rumsfeld

7. What's the big deal? It's best of 9, right?

6. Shaq had trouble catching the ball and holding on to the Chalupa

5. Isn't it obvious? Al Qaeda!

4. For some reason, these past few months Kobe seemed distracted

3. No trophy means no hassle at airport security

2. Been very busy planning the June 30th handover of Iraqi Sovereignty

1. Hard to shoot over Ben Wallace's Hair

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Treppenwitz - I'm sure I'll think of something witty to type right after hitting the submit button here.

slow drivers - Sumo thongs are pretty bad, but exposure in moderation is tolerable. Slow drivers, however, are constantly bombarding me. :angry:

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Treppenwitz - Hey the Jerkstore just called....

Slow Drivers - I can't freakin' stand slow drivers. KEEP RIGHT IF YOU CAN'T KEEP UP

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
In my continuing quest to keep you entertained, I present:

The Top Ten Uncool Things That Didn't Make It Into This Tournament

10. junk mail/spam

9. when airlines lose your luggage

8. running a comb through your hair and accidentally stabbing yourself in the scalp with the teeth

7. when your dog has to go "outside" at 3:00 in the morning and then sniffs around for ten minutes in order to find just the right spot

6. wearing wet socks

5. multiple security stickers on DVD cases

4. throwing your ball into the gutter five feet down the lane even though you've been bowling for years

3. picking out the hair that's clogging the bathtub drain

2. going to the video store and discovering that they actually have in stock that obscure foreign film you've been wanting to see...only it's already been rented out

1. when a really cute girl almost half your age crushes on you (but you know damn well that if you went out with her she'd wise up and dump your chump ass within a week)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Hey, this is a good thread. Late, but I'm in. I wish I hadn't missed the vote about the spider in the rearview. Although seeing a wasp in your rearview is worse! I almost got in a pretty bad accident because of a hornet. I drove fast enough with the windows down that it couldn't fly forward to get me. (I don't like spiders one bit, but I'm terrified of wasps).

Teenagers running their mouths off during an entire 2-hour movie

&

slow drivers

Sumo wrestlers in thongs may be scary, but nothing is more aggravating than slow drivers!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks