What's new

The Phil Silvers Show (1 Viewer)

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Chalk up another one to throw under the tree for XMAS!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I know!!!!! But it comes out in July!!!! However...this builds up the anticipation of looking forward to viewing Bilko during my XMAS vacation in December!!!!!!

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Also...this is one of plenty I plan on picking up during the second half of 2010 which I won't touch nor open until XMAS morning!!!!!

This worked out well for me last XMAS with Life On Mars, Charlie's Angels (S1--in memoriam of Ms. Farrah), Three's Company's final season, S3 of The Fugitive and a few other titles I received so many of I have yet to check them out nearly five months later.

In fact, as part of this year's holiday...I shall be encoring Life On Mars again--this time on the other side of the pond from whence it originally came!!!!!!!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by FanCollector

The music clearance issue is always a big issue with CBS and I fear for those musical numbers and scenes, but I am not too worried about the shows that were pulled. All of them subsequently appeared on cable, so they obviously ironed out the various problems between the initial syndication deal and the cable TV deal.

Not sure what you are talking about. The episodes that were pulled from the Phil Silvers Show syndication package have never run, on cable or anywhere else.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

Not sure what you are talking about. The episodes that were pulled from the Phil Silvers Show syndication package have never run, on cable or anywhere else.

I checked on them, and you seem to be correct. But these episodes are floating around on "collector's sets". Any idea what the sources might be?

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Originally Posted by DeWilson

It will be interesting to see when they get to the other seasons if the 7 episodes that have pulled from the syndication package will be in the sets.

Which seven episodes were pulled?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by Dan McW

Which seven episodes were pulled?

I was only aware of five: Show Segments, Kay Kendall, McGuire Sisters, The Crosbys and Bilko's Merry Widow (six if you count the CBS special "Keep in Step" which was partially in character). Maybe Denny or Danny know of others.

S

silverking

I think they all ran here in the UK,where Bilko has been repeated many times, even in recent years. I distinctly remember the one with Bing Crosby.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by silverking

I think they all ran here in the UK,where Bilko has been repeated many times, even in recent years. I distinctly remember the one with Bing Crosby.
The Bing Crosby one was not removed for syndication. It was the later episode featuring Bing's four sons. But if they aired in the UK, that's a hopeful sign.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I just know there are 138 syndicated out of 142 made, not including the audition show or the 1 hour special. The Paramount syndication site used to list the unavailable episodes which I don't recall now.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Originally Posted by BobO'Link

IDate circled... awaiting pricing information... This is one of those truly *rare* ones that I'll consider purchasing during release week if not a pre-release purchase. :)

Amazon is taking pre-orders for $27.99.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
If the whole series comes out I'll be ecstatic. But if it's only this one I'll be grateful. For the last five years I assumed the bets of was all we would ever get.

You won't see me waiting this one out is what i mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks