What's new

"The People vs. Larry Flint" SE coming - is this a new transfer? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Dvdfile lists the specs for release on May 13, but no mention of a new transfer.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I think a 1.85 Anamorphic transfer was mentioned.Isnt the original disc 2.35?

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Probably just a mistake, since the film was shot in 2.35:1 and that's what the original DVDs aspect ratio is.

I'd be surprised if it's a new transfer, since the transfer on the original is pretty good.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I'd be surprised if it's a new transfer, since the transfer on the original is pretty good.
Me, too. I have the Jerry Maguire and Groundhog Day SEs, and both feature the same transfer as the previous editions. They do look better though, mainly because the films being spread over 2 layers and improved compression techniques. I expect the same to be the case with Larry Flynt.

Chris

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Me, too. I have the Jerry Maguire and Groundhog Day SEs, and both feature the same transfer as the previous editions. They do look better though, mainly because the films being spread over 2 layers and improved compression techniques. I expect the same to be the case with Larry Flynt.
Is this new release going to be a 2-disc version?

If not, then the transfer will have less room since this will have alot of extras where the first one has none.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Yeah, but the old one was 129 min on a single layer (WS on one side, P&S on the other)! Even with the extras there'll most likely be more space for the film.

Is this new release going to be a 2-disc version?
It isn't mentioned anywhere, but if it's only 1 disc than the list price of 29,99 is definitely too high IMO.

Chris

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
This is great news! I'd love an SE of this title. Brilliant film! The current transfer is very nice btw.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
The current transfer does look good, but I think some of those artifacts would be removed with dual layers. I guess I'll just have to wait until the reviews appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks