What's new

The Outer Limits is turning 50.... (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey David-

Sorry for the late reply, thanks a lot for your suggestion!

I can’t say it’s something I’d feel good doing. But yes, why is Kino not responding to us for requests for all the copies we customers purchased at the time. I’ll check with my friend. It’s a good option to get the disc replaced.

PianoPlayer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
Today on Amazon, the OUTER LIMITS season two Blu-ray is only available through third-party sellers.

Has it already become scarce?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting Larry, I guess the set is OOP after a year? I checked the first season set and it’s still available from Amazon.

Mark McSherry

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark McSherry
Kino Lorber has both sets listed on their site --- $42 for Season Two. And I believe it was in the mid-$30s during their recent sale.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Today on Amazon, the OUTER LIMITS season two Blu-ray is only available through third-party sellers.

Has it already become scarce?
Amazon seems to do this frequently these days. They'll run out of something and not order more right away. They'll remove their purchase option and only reinstate it when new stock arrives. This just happened with Space 1999 causing me to temporarily wonder if it had gone OOP. They got stock for that one back in a few days. I'd guess it'll be the same with Outer Limits S2 BR.

Sadsack

Second Unit
Real Name
David
It's not just Batman villains that this guy resembles...I wonder if he's got hairy hands.

KIUVP32.jpg

cineescape

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
gregory
He would have liked the upcoming Alex Mack set, too, since he was the last post in the thread about it a decade ago before I bumped it up for the complete series announcement.

As for Outer Limits... I can never be anything but happy over more classic TV making it to Blu, especially with new transfers.

I also hope this is just Kino's first stab at a classic MGM show on Blu. I mean, who wouldn't want to see The Addams Family or Green Acres pop up?

So for many reasons... the show, supporting classic TV, whatever, sign me up for these releases.
Are you sure DF didn't say the Univ of New Mexico? He and his wife Robin lived in Tesuque, NM during his final years.
"Disturbing" definitely describes the "Corpus Earthling" episode, when your wife basically returns looking dead like a zombie.

I was such a fan I actually called Dominic Frontiere up in his Beverly Hills home (hey, it was listed) when I was still in college at Miami and sung the praises for his scores. He told me he had donated all the written scores to the University of Wyoming, I believe.

The one sad note about this release is our dear HTForum friend Scott Atwell (Ockeghem) is not around to share in our glee. He was a TOL fan AND a music scholar and could analyze those scores note for note.
Are you sure DF didn't say the Univ of New Mexico? He and his wife Robin lived in Tesuque, NM during his final years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks