What's new

The Outer Limits is turning 50.... (2 Viewers)

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
6CN2VmV.png

Well, the cover art is nice, at least, but it feels more like one of Marvel's old monster titles, like Tales to Astonish, Amazing Fantasy or Strange Tales.

"The Glob From Another Galaxie." My dad had a Ford Galaxie. Maybe the Glob drove up in one...

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Well, the cover art is nice, at least, but it feels more like one of Marvel's old monster titles, like Tales to Astonish, Amazing Fantasy or Strange Tales.

"The Glob From Another Galaxie." My dad had a Ford Galaxie. Maybe the Glob drove up in one...

Hey, Marvel's Strange Tales, etc. were way better art-wise, and story-wise. Not as good as classic EC comics, of course, but a decent runner up. I regret ever selling them. The Outer Limits comics were easy to dispose.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I never read The Outer Limits comics, but I think the cover art shown here is pretty darned nice.

60's comic tie-ins were sketchy at best. Gold Key probably did the best, and that's on a sliding scale. Their Star Trek comics were hilariously off beam, but the Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea book was top notch. Since that series was a live action comic book, the four color medium fit perfectly. The art was generally great also (Don Heck and Alberto Giolitti to name two). The Time Tunnel and Land of the Giants suffered from very poor art (but the covers - especially Time Tunnel - were insanely good). A few years later, Carleton Comics did Space:1999 in both standard color and large sized black and white. They were pretty good. Some of John Byrne's earliest work was on that.

Last edited:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
#3, I remember this one better than some others...as I recall, the cover story supposes that a race of invisible aliens has cohabited Earth with humanity since time immemorial...even as an 8 year old, I knew these comic books were a sloppy knock off that had little to do with the TV show that supposedly inspired them...
694115.jpg

#4, quite an appealing cover...small Daystar logo at bottom middle...
691937.jpg

#7...featuring a larger Daystar logo and store ink stamp...
829917.jpg

Sadsack

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Funny, the Daystar logo and the microscope cover with realistic art were the things I liked when I checked out the covers online. I downloaded scans of several issues, if anyone wants them.

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Kind of reminds me of the Classics Illustrated comics of HG Wells The Time Machine. I had a copy as a kid. The cover art was terrific and stayed with me. The design of the Time Machine was cool. My copy was lost over time though.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Kind of reminds me of the Classics Illustrated comics of HG Wells The Time Machine. I had a copy as a kid. The cover art was terrific and stayed with me. The design of the Time Machine was cool. My copy was lost over time though.

I had that one (The Time Machine) and War of the Worlds, Mysterious Island, Moby Dick, etc. Wonder why they never offered those Classics Illustrated in reprints as EC did?

Sadsack

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Lalaland Records is going to release a music soundtrack CD for THE INVADERS in mid-October. It's a 2-disc release. Sounds like there was more music available, but they typically take a sampler approach rather than complete series:
The Quinn Martin Collection, Volume 2 - The Invaders by Dominic Frontiere, Duane Tatro, Richard Markowitz, Irving Gertz, Sidney Cutter.

Last edited:

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Lalaland Records is going to release a music soundtrack CD for THE INVADERS in mid-October. It's a 2-disc release. Sounds like there was more music available, but they typically take a sampler approach rather than complete series:
The Quinn Martin Collection, Volume 2 - The Invaders by Dominic Frontiere, Duane Tatro, Richard Markowitz, Irving Gertz, Sidney Cutter.

Excellent! Thanks for the heads-up!

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Streets of San Francisco would be one guess. The FBI and, pipe dream time, 12 O’Clock High...

He also produced a number of TV movies.

And they may do more episodes of shows they’ve already covered.

I don’t know how much Fugitive music Pete Rugolo compared and I’m told most of the unreleased stuff are just variations on the same themes, but I suppose The Fugitive could get a two volume set....

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys-

Regarding the replacement discs for the audio issue in Soldier, I’m kind of at wits end. Earlier this year I contacted Olivia at Kino and told her I bought two copies of the second season set. So I requested replacement discs. She was quick to reply to my email and sent out only one disc. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I tried to request a second disc since I bought two sets. I sent her two emails explaining I bought two sets and I have not received a reply or a second disc.

The second set I bought was a gift so I wanted to send the disc to the person who I gave the set to.

Maybe they will not honor the replacement requests anymore? Or they limit it to one disc? I can keep emailing Kino or maybe I can send them snail mail? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

iaf6

Auditioning
Real Name
IF
Hey guys-

Regarding the replacement discs for the audio issue in Soldier, I’m kind of at wits end. Earlier this year I contacted Olivia at Kino and told her I bought two copies of the second season set. So I requested replacement discs. She was quick to reply to my email and sent out only one disc. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I tried to request a second disc since I bought two sets. I sent her two emails explaining I bought two sets and I have not received a reply or a second disc.

The second set I bought was a gift so I wanted to send the disc to the person who I gave the set to.

Maybe they will not honor the replacement requests anymore? Or they limit it to one disc? I can keep emailing Kino or maybe I can send them snail mail? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

I have had exactly the same problem. I purchased two sets. Only received one replacement disc even though I was specifically told they would send me two when I contacted them at the time of the original replacement program.

I have tried contacting them several times since then, showed proof of purchases and haven't even had a response. Very disappointing and frustrating...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks IF for your story. This is disappointing for sure. I’ll ponder what other things that can be done to see if we can get Kino to support us.

It could be their policy is one per customer.

Sadsack

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Just order the set from Amazon, and assuming it has the replacement disc, swap that out with your bad disc, and return the set for a refund with the explanation that you received it with the bad disc. Yes, it's underhanded, but so is Kino not honoring replacement discs. And maybe Amazon will chastize Kino for still sending them "bad" sets, heh heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks