What's new

The Osbournes on DVD (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
YES!!!!!!

I really want this show on DVD. The replay value is incredible. I've never seen a show so lacking in substance that's so damn entertaining. Great news.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Also, the report I read mentioned that there will be censored and uncensored versions made available. I don't know if I need to hear the "f" word that many times in such a short period but it is nice to see them offer the choice.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
The Osbournes in Japan is on the Budokan DVD and all the swearing is in (duh). Kinda takes a little bit off the censored version. I mean I like the bleeps much better

Larry Schneider

Second Unit
They should provide alternate soundtracks rather than two separate edititions. I'll have to buy the uncensored one just to annoy the bluenoses.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
this is bleeeeping fantastic! Bleeping bleep! I hope that they include both bleeepeing versions, the bleeped and the bleeeeeeping un-bleeeped on the same bleeeeping DVD. Bleeeeeeeeeeep! bleeep bleeeeep. I just bleeep hope that I can bleeeeping take the bleeeeping stickers off the bleeeping DVD box better than Ozzy bleeeeping can.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Should be technically easy to do. Just put censored on Audio Track 1 and uncensored on Audio Track 2.

I really think that the bleeping made it funny as hell. Without it (like the Japan episode) really doesn't make it as fun to watch.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Looks like THE OSBOURNES may not be released a season at a time. Check out this article: Miramax Fast Forwards with Video Push.
Of note is the following:
We have 60 episodes. We'll do probably 10 at a time. That gives us probably six DVD boxes." Citing $75 million in sales for HBO's popular TV series, "The Sopranos," Weinstein says that "The Osbournes," which he describes as the same phenomenon overseas as in the U.S., should be "a blockbuster" for Miramax.
Hmm...
-greg

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They can't provide both tracks, Blockbuster would have a fit. Plus "Uncensored/rated is a marketing tactic

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Blockbuster carries Queer as Folk, Sex and the City, Oz, and The Sopranos... I'm sure they'll carry The Osbournes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks