What's new

"The Omen: The Complete Collection" October 17th (1 Viewer)

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
If the transfers of II and III were improved, then I'd be tempted. After all, $49.99 is much better value than the $99.99 I paid for I-IV a few years ago!

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

LOL. OMEN IV shouldn't be considered part of the series...in fact Fox ought to just market OMEN I-III as a trilogy and I think no fans would be let down that the hideous piece of garbage known as OMEN IV wouldn't be included :)

I actually didn't hate the remake, but it only really worked if you never saw the original (and if you did, there was little point in watching it).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well, I think that Omen IV was included merely as a formality of sorts, afterall this set is called The Omen Collection.

I just got this and I love this set! I watched the remake last night for the first time and it wasn't bad, a high quality remake IMO but ultimately it's unnecessary, the kid who played Damian tried too hard for the sinister compared to Harvey Stephen' more relaxed and innocent performance.

Plus, Marco Beltrami is no Jerry Goldsmith that's for damn sure, that classicly frightful score is sorely missing from the remake.

The only complaint that I can muster about this box set is why did they see fit to glue the spine of the box itself to the spine of The Omen II's case? :confused: It took me all of ten seconds to get fed up with manipulating it and just took it off.

John H Ross

Screenwriter
Is the sound quality on Omens II and III the same as the previous discs too? I thought the sound on The Final Conflict was seriously weak and a re-mastered edition (preferably in DTS) would be lovely. Fox did wonders with their recent Planet Of The Apes set compare to their older one...

John

John Kwong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JK

What is the packaging like? I haven't been able to find any descriptions or pics of the packaging for this set.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Well, it's just your typical outer box that houses 5 standard keep cases (standard meaning not slim cases like 'The Exorcist Collection' set for instance) but one end of the box is glued to the actual spine of The Omen II's case, so when you remove The Omen II from the box it's got one side of the box stuck to it and it forms a 'T'.

It's sort of hard to describe but other than that strange anomaly it's just a typical box set.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

My understanding is that OMEN II, III and IV are the identical DVDs that have been on the market for years; if anyone knows differently, please speak up so I can start saving my $$$.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I can't speak for IV, but I watched 1-3 yesterday and the image quality remained consistantly very good from film to film projected at 103".

I've never seen or owned the other releases so I can't say if these are the same one's but IMO the transfers in this set are great and well worth the money. :emoji_thumbsup:

But, the audio on II and III are in 2.0 surround, so that may be an indication of older transfers as I would think they would have remixed the soundtrack if they were brand new.

EDIT: Omen II & III are indeed the older releases, I remembered seeing the old FOX DVD intro that starts out with Brad Pitt saying "I want you to hit me as hard as you can.". Those intros are from a couple of years ago and they don't use them anymore on FOX titles.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
No sweat. :emoji_thumbsup:

As a sidenote I would have to say that Sam Niell is my favorite Damien Thorne, he's so deliciously sinister as the adult anti-Christ and I can't believe it's the same guy we'd see in Jurassic Park over a decade later lol.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Agreed 100%; he was tres creepy; though I've come to love him and accept him in completely different roles, in my heart-of-hearts, he'll always be the son of the Devil, he he...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks