What's new

The New World DVD (1 Viewer)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
According to this review;
http://www.sfgate.com/eguide/movies/playing/
The film was released last year (in limited release) with fifteen extra minutes than the version that came out (full release) last week.
This thread is to track if the film will be released on DVD in all of its glory (or the shorter form).
As well as, anything else, people would like to comment on the DVD release of this film (release date, extras, etc.).
(if you only wish to comment on the film itself, be sure to post in the Movies Forum, thank you)

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
As I understand it, Mallick will be releasing a DVD version of THE NEW WORLD that's an even longer cut than the short-lived 2:30 version. Apparently, the 2:30 version was rushed to completion in order to qualify for Oscars, and people I've spoken to who've seen both the 2:30 version and the 2:15 version have said the shorter one is the better version of the film. Apparently, it's not merely cut, but actually has material that's not in the 2:30 version, so it's a whole new version of the film.

Vincent

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

And no scenes were cut from the 2:30 cut, they were just trimmed and tightened up. Even those that loved the 2:30 cut say it could have been edited a bit.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

To get the 2:15 version, correct. The review thats linked in the first post called the cuts "scenery" (is that anything like... SHRUBBERY! ;-) ).
I think its a must to have all three!!!
I am one not to get bored by "scenery" in an epic film.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
i wonder if the so called original 6 hour cut of "Thin red line" would wind up on dvd soon? I know alot of the so called "cameo" appereinces were actual parts, they just got cut from the movie.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
VideoETA has the est. DVD release in May.
http://videoeta.com/movie/69948

From;
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22118
New Line has agreed to release an extended cut of the film, even longer than the 155 minute cut, to DVD. Again, this was info straight from Producer Sarah Green. It's not as official as if it came from execs at New Line, but that's what she said, for what it is worth. She didn't confirm if the nationwide theatrical cut will be packaged with the extended cut or if New Line will drop the Extended Cut Super Special Edition (with flair!) some months after a bare bones DVD of the nationwide theatrical cut is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks