What's new

The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection '32 - '55 (May 16th) (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
And he was thrilled to do so!

The Mummy's Ghost (Reginald Le Borg, EEUU, 1944) - BEHIND THE SCENES - 001.jpg

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I don't know whether I should be concerned. My order is scheduled to ship today, but Carrier information STILL isn't posted for my Amazon Canada order!

Has anyone else that ordered from Amazon for release date delivery had their Carrier information updated as yet?

EDIT: My order is now listed as having shipped from the Mississauga Depot by Canada Post. :)

CHEERS! :)

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Target website says this is an online only item for them Ditto for Best Buy (which has it on sale online for $24.99):(

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Not as much interest in the Mummy Legacy as there is for Dracula. I had to go to the 3rd page to find this thread.

I ordered the version with the Fandango cash. Twice now, Amazon has sent me the one without the cash. The 2nd time I got on the phone with them to explain the problem. He had to talk to his boss and came back with a 20% off discount. I told him the cash was worth $8, so off he goes again. So I get the $8 instead of sending it back again.

This was probably the toughest time I've had with Amazon CS and I've still had much worse with other vendors.

HEADS-UP (not political ;))-The csr said they were going to take the Fango version down until the problem could be researched and fixed.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Not as much interest in the Mummy Legacy as there is for Dracula. I had to go to the 3rd page to find this thread.

I ordered the version with the Fandango cash. Twice now, Amazon has sent me the one without the cash. The 2nd time I got on the phone with them to explain the problem. He had to talk to his boss and came back with a 20% off discount. I told him the cash was worth $8, so off he goes again. So I get the $8 instead of sending it back again.

This was probably the toughest time I've had with Amazon CS and I've still had much worse with other vendors.

HEADS-UP (not political ;))-The csr said they were going to take the Fango version down until the problem could be researched and fixed.
The BBy sale is on a Fandango cash version that they send you the code via email :cool:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The BBy sale is on a Fandango cash version that they send you the code via email :cool:
I've got my Mummy now and an $8 credit, so I'm cool.

BTW, the packaging says there are two commentaries. One is on the original movie, what is the other commentary on?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
BTW, the packaging says there are two commentaries. One is on the original movie, what is the other commentary on?
There's two on the original movie. The first one is Paul Jensen (way back from the original DVD in the late 90's) and the second is Rick Baker, Bob Burns and others that was on the two disc special edition DVD (from about ten years ago).

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I just couldn't see getting the DRACULA set but my MUMMY set has shipped...can't wait to see A&B in BD in the OAR!!! Just alone that is worth the price.

Got my set Tuesday and immediately started watching "Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy" which looks great especially (and finally) in its correct 1.85 aspect ratio.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I viewed THE MUMMY (1932) Blu-ray earlier this evening, and am now listening to the Paul Jensen commentary.

While the overall visual quality does look quite good (In the second flashback mirror frame sequence, the imaging looks somewhat muddy and blurred, although I suspect that might be how it was originally shot?), I find it pales a bit in comparison to the brand new transfers of DRACULA'S DAUGHTER (1936) and SON OF DRACULA (1943). I'm afraid the stellar quality of those two films have spoiled me a bit. The contrast also seems a bit bright at times, but perhaps, that is how THE MUMMY was shot?

That said, it's important to keep in mind that the two aforementioned Dracula sequels had their Blu-ray incarnations sourced from 4K scans of the original 35mm nitrate negatives (Where have these been?), which were obviously in extraordinarily fine condition, not to mention ongoing technological strides. In contrast, the latest 4K transfer for THE MUMMY was done sometime prior to its 2012 Blu-ray debut.

Hopefully, my observations don't come across as unduly harsh, but I see what I see. I do agree that the Imhotep Eye shots are spectacular!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I got my set on Tuesday, and I watched the beautiful transfer of The Mummy Tuesday night. (I never bought the original creature features Blu-ray set, so this was the first time seeing The Mummy all cleaned up in high def). I plan to go straight through the box since there are several of these Mummy sequels I've never seen. I'm saving A&C for the end, but I'm really looking forward to watching it without having to zoom it to get something near the appropriate aspect ratio.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I got my set on Tuesday, and I watched the beautiful transfer of The Mummy Tuesday night. (I never bought the original creature features Blu-ray set, so this was the first time seeing The Mummy all cleaned up in high def). I plan to go straight through the box since there are several of these Mummy sequels I've never seen. I'm saving A&C for the end, but I'm really looking forward to watching it without having to zoom it to get something near the appropriate aspect ratio.
I for one, would love to read your reviews of these films and their latest 4K transfers, Matt! :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I for one, would love to read your reviews of these films and their latest 4K transfers, Matt! :)

You'll certainly get some random thoughts from me about them along the way, but since Universal didn't see fit to send me a review copy, I won't be doing full out reviews of the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks