What's new

The Matrix Sequel. (1 Viewer)

Nick

Second Unit
Did they start filming the scene with Aalayah yet ? I don't know if she has a big part in the movie or not.
I wonder who's gonna replace her. I vote for Zhang Zi yi. They're about the same age. Less training, she's already know her craft. I know the movie is already behind schedule.
But I heard that her English is not that good that could be a major problem, unless she has a little dialogue like Rush hour 2.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It all depends on what the writers and director(s) had in mind for the charactor. I mean it's obvious that they didn't write this charactor as being Asian, or they would have cast an Asian actress in the first place. Now since they cast Aaliya in the role, they must have wanted a young african american actress to fit the part they wrote, at least you would think.
I doubt, being as behind schedual as they are, they will be willing to go back and rewrite the charactor. Most likely they'll cast someone else who kinda has the same look Aaliya had, and still meet the needs for the particular part they had in mind. My vote goes to, even though she hasn't done a movie yet, Beyonce'Knowles from 'Destiny's Child'. Don't know if she can act, but she's the closest thing we have to Aaliya.
------------------
So madly in love with Estella Warren!

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
actually Beyoncé Knowles did act in a movie..
Mtv's Carmen a hip hopera..
I didnt see it all the way through.. but she seemed good enough.. I would love to see her in the Matrix..
although it would be odd for anyone to replace her..
they may just remove Aaliyah's character all together.
I dont think the nationality of the actress to replace Aaliyah matters.. many movies arent written with ethicity in mind.. marky mark's role in the big hit was written for wesley snipes of all things..
Aaliyah will be missed in the matrix sequels..thats for sure..

Nick

Second Unit
Didn't they offer the Role to Michelle Yoeh and Jet Li but they both turn it down ?
This is a Sci-fi. It's more flexible, I think the part can be played by any actors or actresses regardless of race or gender.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I heard that Aaliyah was set to star in both Matrix 2 and 3 and had already done a lot of the work (if not all of it) for both films (they're doing a Lord of the Rings or Back to the Future "film more than one at the same time" kinda thing). If they didn't finish everything yet, they will probably rewrite some scenes they didn't do or reshoot everything. I know they were pretty deep into development.
The film comes out next May, can't wait.

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
Mikah took the words right out of my mouth. Well....not so much the couch part, but she'd be a good replacement for Aaliya. Gotta keep it clean in case the wife reads this.
Glad he knew her name. I was gonna refer to her as "The chic from Mission Impossible II"
------------------
"Nobody move a muscle."
GROOOWLLLLL !
"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"
[Edited last by Howard Williams on August 30, 2001 at 12:35 PM]

Nick

Second Unit
Well, I hope they keep her in the movie if she's in almost all of her scenes. I don't really think she has a major part. She's probably has like 10 to 20 minutes in the whole movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks