What's new

The Machinist on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
This film was by far the best of 2004 IMO, and I've been waiting and waiting for a DVD announcement. I saw it way back around Thanksgiving, and given its very limited release, I'd figure some news on the DVD would've definitely come out by now. Hell, some films released to theaters this year have already been announced. I'm dying to see it again! Anyone have any news or a possible timeframe for the release? It'd be much appreciated.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Some of Paramount's recent DVD releases have a trailer that indicates this is "Coming Soon on DVD" in region 1. I estimate June, but I haven't heard any official announcement.

-Scott

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot for the info! June's a long way off, and if they do wind up releasing it in June, I figure they're trying for a Batman Begins/Christian Bale tie-in. :rolleyes

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
It seems like the Paramount Classics titles take longer to come out than their parent company's films. "Enduring Love," which came out a couple weeks before "The Machinist," just was announced for a May 3 release. I'm guessing late May/early June for this one.

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator
The extra I really want to see from this film would be a video diary of Bale losing all that weight. Did he just basically starve himself?

JohnAP

Second Unit
Considering how hard this was to find in theaters, I imagine there are a lot of people who have been waiting for the dvd to get to see it. I was working in a theater at the time with a large selection of art house films, but we didn't get it, despite many of the employees requests to the owner.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"The extra I really want to see from this film would be a video diary of Bale losing all that weight. Did he just basically starve himself?"

He ate only a can of tuna and a apple a day for nearly a year.Going from about 190 lbs down to 120.

When I first saw the trailer I thought it was some CGI affect, I was suprised to hear he'd really lost that much weight.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I just can't believe that. A 6 oz can of tuna is only about 200 calories, and an apple wouldn't have more than 60 or so. 260 calories a day for a year would kill you, no doubt.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I remember reading an interview with him (at CHUD, IIRC) in which he said he gained the weight back way too quickly. He wanted to impress the studio when he was trying to get Batman, so he didn't take it slow like people advised him to.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Big thanks, Bradley. Hopefully an official announcement with all the details is right around the corner.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Features:
8 Deleted Scenes
The Machinist: Breaking The Rule
Commentary by Director Brad Anderson
Theatrical Trailer

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Paramount Home Entertainment will release The Machinist on June 7th. The thriller, starring a morbidly gaunt Christian Bale (he lost an incredible 60 pounds for the role!), arrives with a 2.35 anamorphic widescreen transfer, Dolby Digital 5.1, an audio commentary with director Brad Anderson, eight deleted scenes, "The Machinist: Breaking The Rule" behind-the-scenes featurette and the theatrical trailer. Retail will be $29.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks