What's new

Pre-Order The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (4k UHD Steelbook) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
2020-10-07_03-57-58.png

Extended and theatrical versions

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Anyhow, I'm sure glad I bought those HD digitals on iTunes a couple of weeks ago so I can get that free 4K upgrade and be patient for better pricing on these 4K boxsets.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Anyhow, I'm sure glad I bought those HD digitals on iTunes a couple of weeks ago so I can get that free 4K upgrade and be patient for better pricing on these 4K boxsets.
Perhaps Target will have an exclusive or plain Jane version that would be cheaper during a BOGO sale ... It's not like WB wouldn't try to capitalize on a continual golden ca$h cow ...

Reactions: PMF

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Interesting to see how much of an improvement UHD is over the BluRays released a while ago. Looks like both versions of the films will be released in one package? That’s how I read the announcement.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I wont order until I know what these sets include. There are two LOTR sets one for 120 and one for 150. I will probably wait until the holidays to get LOTR and The Hobbit since these arent limited. Im sure there will be non steelbook editions too...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I am guessing, like other 4k releases, the steelbook is.

Amazon should have their own version of it for (hopefully) less cost.

That seems to be the case. Amazon.ca has has a placeholder for probably a std item up for a few days indicating a Preorder Date in mid Oct and release date Dec 1 (Hobbit 4K set also). Amazon.ca preorder MSRP appeared around $120CAD.

If Canada has it, the US is almost 100% to have it. This set appears to be 4K disc only. I don't think any information so far has shown BD or Extras discs will be included.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Skip that steel-book and give me the extended version.

New 4K scans of the OCN?
I think we’re heading to “reference” city.:drum:

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Digital Bits posted this in their report on these releases:

“In addition, it was also announced that a 4K UHD Middle-earth Ultimate Collectors’ Edition featuring the theatrical and extended versions of all six films, along with new bonus content, previously released Blu-ray discs of The Hobbit Trilogy, and remastered Blu-ray discs of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy will be released in the summer of 2021. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy featuring remastered Blu-ray discs of the theatrical and extended versions of the 3 films will also be released in the fourth quarter 2021, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.”

Some people may wish to hold out for that set instead.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I was just thinking of how your purchase of the 6 film iTunes bundle of the extended versions will pay off sooner than expected. Honestly I don't even know why you need to supplement that with the actual discs later on, since the 4K digital upgrades will be the exact same masters, but that's your call. ;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was just thinking of how your purchase of the 6 film iTunes bundle of the extended versions will pay off sooner than expected. Honestly I don't even know why you need to supplement that with the actual discs later on, since the 4K digital upgrades will be the exact same masters, but that's your call. ;)
You do realize what I say is quite different then what I actually do when it comes to video purchases. When I make some posts I'm actually thinking out loud, but common sense and better decision-making do come in play when I have to actually buy these discs. It's the same with "Total Recall" that I bought recently digitally on iTunes and just pre-ordered the 4K disc. It's a long time between now and December or even 2021, when Warner is going to release the Jackson movies again with more elaborate 4K releases..:)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So since there's a collector's edition coming in the summer, does that mean that this is just both cuts of the movies and no special features discs? Does the press release have a disc count or give specifics?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks