What's new

Pre-Order The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (4k UHD Steelbook) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Sadly, Best Buy Canada is not offering the steelbook set, leaving e-bay and a horrendous U.S. dollar exchange as the only alternative for Canadian steelbook fans.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Getting ready for Tuesday December 1st ! :) I prefer this Cover Art for my Collection.
DSC00424.JPG

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Gone through all 3 "LOTR" movies and find myself most impressed with the visual upgrade for "ROTK".

All 3 look good but it's the one that stood out as best - to me, at least.

As always, others' mileage may vary! :cool:

Reactions: PMF

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Does anyone know if The Complete Middle Earth Collection is still coming this summer? It was mentioned when the 4K discs came out last fall, but no word since.

Reactions: PMF

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if The Complete Middle Earth Collection is still coming this summer? It was mentioned when the 4K discs came out last fall, but no word since.
I was wondering the same thing last week. With no announcement yet, I think the fall (for the holidays) is the most likely time that they'll release it now.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I’m still patiently waiting for the rumored big set. Though I may have to buy the other ones if it doesn’t come out by December. I’m definitely going through them all to celebrate the 20th anniversary by then, and will have no choice at that point but to buy the smaller sets. Not that that’s a bad thing! 😃

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I wouldn't call PJ's LotR perfection -- it definitely has its flaws -- but it's by far the best adaptation of these books and this genre in general so far.

I could also see The Hobbit being good as 2 (shorter, more lighthearted) movies if done right, but despite it being stretched to 3 overwrought films, it still actually misses on some key beloved aspects of the original source material in exchange for the overly indulgent mess they ended up with.

The whole divergence into the love triangle between Legolas, what's her name played by Evangeline Lilly (I can't even be bothered to remember) and Kili(?), is one such. NVM that Legolas (or the elves for the most part) wasn't even supposed to be in this story at all. And then having Legolas seem so whimpy after what they gave us in LotR, especially in the epic battle of Minas Tirith in RotK...

That kind of storyline should've been saved/used for some adaptation(s) of the various parts of The Silmarillion instead, but they shoehorned it into The Hobbit and sacrificed much of the intentions of the original story in the usual Hollywood manner and drive toward their bottomline...

_Man_

I totally agree that some really fine sections of the book were actually left out, even from the 9-hours of extended cuts. I was so looking forward to the section of the chapter "Flies and Spiders" in which Bilbo has left the Mirkwood path and is lost in the woods, where he sees a campfire burning close by several times, but as he approaches, they are "kicked out" by unseen figures. So magical, so atmospheric, so...not in the movie! Damn you, Jackson!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Any further news on a a release date for a collector's edition with new bonus material ?
In a recent Digital Bits column, Bill Hunt talked about the replication problems that made the release of the Indiana Jones 4k set more difficult than usual. He mentioned that replication seems to be slowing a lot of things down and thinks that Warner could end up moving the Middle Earth set to the fourth quarter for this reason.

stevenHa

Second Unit
I don't know if others have the same problem, but the discs in my case don't attach well to their hubs, does someone have a link where a can order an empty nine disc 4k case ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks