1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

THE LAST PICTURE SHOW.... will we ever see a single disc blu ray release??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Jim*Tod, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jim*Tod

Jim*Tod Supporting Actor

Jim
    Peter Bogdanovich's THE LAST PICTURE SHOW turned up on TCM this week in a fairly poor standard definition transfer. The only release on blu ray in the U.S. is as part of boxed set of AMERICA LOST AND FOUND. I asked on the Criterion site a while back if they ever intended to release it as a stand alone disc and they said no. This great film deserves much better than this... surely Sony could release this... I think they still own the Columbia films from that period. Anyone hear about this coming out as a single blu ray?

2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I waited a long time for this to be released solo. Fortunately, Criterion sent me a $50 coupon code as part of their bonus points program, so I leveraged that with one of their 50% off sales and picked up the entire America: Lost and Found set for about $12.50.

PMF, Vegas 1 and Richard V like this.
  3. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    If you are dead set against the box set, which by the way is a fantastic collection of movies for a mere $9 per film, then I would suggest importing it from Germany where Sony has just released it as a region free disc.
    [​IMG]

Robin9 likes this.