What's new

THE LAST PICTURE SHOW.... will we ever see a single disc blu ray release?? (1 Viewer)

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
Peter Bogdanovich's THE LAST PICTURE SHOW turned up on TCM this week in a fairly poor standard definition transfer. The only release on blu ray in the U.S. is as part of boxed set of AMERICA LOST AND FOUND. I asked on the Criterion site a while back if they ever intended to release it as a stand alone disc and they said no. This great film deserves much better than this... surely Sony could release this... I think they still own the Columbia films from that period. Anyone hear about this coming out as a single blu ray?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I waited a long time for this to be released solo. Fortunately, Criterion sent me a $50 coupon code as part of their bonus points program, so I leveraged that with one of their 50% off sales and picked up the entire America: Lost and Found set for about $12.50.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
If you are dead set against the box set, which by the way is a fantastic collection of movies for a mere $9 per film, then I would suggest importing it from Germany where Sony has just released it as a region free disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks