What's new

The Last Blu-ray/UHD Blu-ray You Watched (1 Viewer)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
A Tallulah Double Feature of THE CHEAT and THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP, thanks to those great
Kino Blu Ray Sales. Now when I'm playing Movie Trivia, I can ask 1) Name a Tallulah Bankhead
film where she's in peril at sea which isn't LIFEBOAT and 2) Name a Charles Laughton film where
he's a tyrannical ship captain whose crew mutinies which isn't MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY. That'd
be THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP in both cases. I still have to watch the commentaries, and then I'll
be posting the two together on eBay.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I thought it was beautiful for a low-budget b-movie from 1980. It has limitations, as you would expect, but the darks are especially impressive. There's a scene where the lighting is a photographer's flash going off over and over (sort of like that scene in The Batman that's lit by muzzle flashes?) and I was struck over how good it looked.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
A Tallulah Double Feature of THE CHEAT and THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP, thanks to those great
Kino Blu Ray Sales. Now when I'm playing Movie Trivia, I can ask 1) Name a Tallulah Bankhead
film where she's in peril at sea which isn't LIFEBOAT and 2) Name a Charles Laughton film where
he's a tyrannical ship captain whose crew mutinies which isn't MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY. That'd
be THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP in both cases. I still have to watch the commentaries, and then I'll
be posting the two together on eBay.
Thanks for contributing, PODER!

Keep em coming!

Benoit Blanc

Second Unit
Real Name
John

edgif2.gif
Oh jesus fuckin' christ...

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S

Watched it again to test the noises I've been hearing on my Panasonic UB9000 with this disc; played fine without any audible problems...
:shrug:

51cuUgKsL-L.jpg
395e0331bffd6a2cabdd58e1f3f7a8f7
81z+QNYSGbL._CR0,204,1224,1224_UX175.jpg

7aad048225fc1260b43ad16aebefb30b.gif

YcUT.gif

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
Finished up Mill Creek's second Three Stooges triple feature disc with The Outlaws is Coming. An improvement over Around the World in a Daze, it features a pre-Batman Adam West as an earnest ecologist in the old west who leaves Boston to try to save the buffalo with Larry, Moe and Curly Joe and ends up facing your typical Western baddies, including the aptly named Trigger Mortis.

It's no secret that the Stooges were running on fumes at this point, but I still have a soft spot for Meet Hercules and Have Rocket Will Travel. This one doesn't reach those heights, but it has enough fun stuff in it to make it worth a watch.

outlaws.jpg

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Replacement Blu-ray for the previous one purchased (which caused my player to vibrate violently for some reason); this one seemed to play fine, save for a moment of noise/vibration when it first loaded...

512fyu4e7TL.jpg
81YzPRX5IgL._SX466_.jpg
CM_show_preview.php

75ut74.gif

evil-dead-gory.gif

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
1990 action comedy. Purchased because I'm a Sammo Hung fan. He was very fun in the film, even as it suffers from some excesses of the time, haha.
skinny-tiger-and-fatty-dragon-blu-ray-limited-edition-slipcase-version-eureka-515952_720x.jpeg

The fight against the thieves in Ben Cooper-style masks and the ending fight with Hung carving up thugs with a couple pieces of pipe were the highlights for me.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S

Rewatch; disc still causes my player to briefly -- but loudly -- vibrate and make a spinup-like noise as soon as it's inserted. I can't figure it out, especially since the first one we bought also exhibited this issue (but continued through the actual feature film until I stopped playback) -- the only thing I think it can be is that perhaps my state got a bad stack of these discs, even though they both came from different outlets' warehouses (Best Buy and Walmart.com, respectively).

81+9TGpV33L._SL1500_.jpg
81YzPRX5IgL._SL1500_.jpg

f47e72af543b57c82af4fffed155ca13.gif

d6bsatk-124a347a-3328-4475-9767-56b80e5feabb.gif

75ut74.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks