What's new

The Lakers 4-Peat Thread!! (1 Viewer)

EugeneR

Second Unit
Well, Dan beat me to it, but I think whoever wins Tuesday's game is going to take the title this year.:D

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
Man,
I hadn't heard about Phil Jackson until game time. They said he had chest pains for a week before he went to the hospital. He should be back Tuesday night. The Lakers looked pathetic in the first half. Once, Duncan sat down, it let L.A. back in the game. That proves Duncan deserved the MVP, but it also proves that the Spurs are totally one dimensional. I think their confidence just went out the window.:)

Go Lakers

dan

James L White

Supporting Actor
Why the Hell is Robert Horry shooting the final shot after he's been so cold>=? give it to Shaq, still an amazing comeback

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator
DAMN IT!!! Can they just either please win or lose like a regular team? This up and down stuff is killing me. Forget Phil, my heart can't take this ride much longer.

Sebastian

Second Unit
YAY!!!
Lakers finally get humbled! 3 time champs get routed at home. Oh, how sweet it is!
Sorry guys not trying to gloat, I just really dislike the Lakers. If they were not so arrogant then I probably would not care.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
The best thing about the Lakers losing is now we don't have to see a "The Lakers 5-peat Thread" next year. :emoji_thumbsup:

3 out of 4 is pretty amazing, but I know thats no consolation tonight. When you guys came back to tie the series at 2 I was convinced it was all Lakers from then on, but oh well, look at it this way, you guys don't have the last pick in the draft now.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Congrats to the Spurs and their fans. Worthy winners with a great team and a great attitude. Duncan is incredible. As a Laker fan for 25 years (remember Phil Ford, anyone?), I have no qualms about relinquishing the crown to these guys. They deserve it. And they better enjoy it while they can...

;)

chris rick

Second Unit
Bye-bye Lakers, and thank god they're gone. I have never seen a more arrogant sports organization in my entire life. Sure, they're excellent, but they have absolutely no class whatsoever. Now they get to taste defeat for the first time in a long time.

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator
I don't understand where all this hatred is coming from...the Lakers are a class organization and they do things the right way. Just because they're successful often breeds a kind of hatred that I just don't understand. It was a good run for a while, but it had to end sometime. This will just give the organization more motivation to spend some money and get more help for Shaq and Kobe. Don't worry, we'll be back next year. Congrats to the Spurs, they were a better team this year.

Henry

Jan H

Senior HTF Member

Chris,

Have you ever heard of the Boston Celtics? You should have. They kicked the 76ers ass for years. We only did it 2 years ago (and, boy, was it FUN!) Hope to do it next year, too. If you make the Finals.

Sebastian

Second Unit
The reason why I do not like the Lakers is because they are arrogant and cocky. If it was just confidence, then I wouldn't care if they win or lose. There are a lot of teams that I feel this way about, like the 76ers (AI).
So, it is good to see a team like the Lakers lose and get humbled.
I could not have wrote it any better.
Last year Horry made a three, which let them win that series against the Kings and this year he misses it and they lose the series.
He is really arrogant himself, so it is poetic justice to see him choke this year. I can still see his face of triumph last year when he was lucky enough to hit that three at the buzzer. Him jumping up and down like a little baby is even better.
Anyway, maybe they can be a real class act now that they lost.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
He is really arrogant himself, so it is poetic justice to see him choke this year. I can still see his face of triumph last year when he was lucky enough to hit that three at the buzzer. Him jumping up and down like a little baby is even better.
Please. I am not a Laker's fan but your statements about Horry are just plain idiotic. People hate the team on top, and try to totally dismiss greatness (which the Lakers exhibited the past 3 years). This is a guy who has been a major contributor on 5 championship teams, one of the better defenders in the league over the past decade, and one of the all time clutch players. To say he choked, was lucky, or a baby is far from the truth and shows an overall lack of basketball knowledge.

The Lakers are out this year, but if they get any type of help next year (Malone, Howard, Pippin) they will be right back in the mix and probably on top again.

J

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
To say he choked, was lucky, or a baby is far from the truth and shows an overall lack of basketball knowledge.
Last time I checked going 1-21 from the three point line during one playoff series is choking, unless things have changed. Lets say Tim Duncan went 10-55 from the free throw line during the series, would that be considered a slump or a choke?

Sebastian

Second Unit
Thanks for the personal attack and enlightening me with your vast knowledge of sportsman ship in basketball. Saying my statements are idiotic is crap, BTW!
Just my opinion on the matter, deal with it. He missed a shot that would have put his team on top, that is a "choke" in my book. Takes no basketball knowledge to know that. He gets paid to make shots like that.
Okay, he just a real emotionally guy then, please.

Anyone who makes a three and reacts the way he did last year is a punk! I was not being totally serious about the lucky statement. IMO, he looked like a baby when he started to jump up and down. Anyone that has not seen basketball in their entire life could possibly come to the same conclusion.
Basketball knowledge has nothing to do with judging someones character

BrandonM

Stunt Coordinator
So a guy being frustrated that he missed a big shot equates to him being a punk?

To me it looks like you're the one who is lacking class...

Sebastian

Second Unit
No no, Brandon, I am talking about last year against the Kings, when he made the three point shot that tied the series 2-2. His reaction was "yeah, I am the man, I am too cool". That is what I got from him.
This year when he missed the shot he jumped up down like a baby. Reminded me of when a two year does not get his way. Am I wrong for saying that because he reminded me of a two year jumping up and down?
You guys need to think before you type and stop making personal attacks!
what's the big deal anyway this how I see the their personalities. I see it all the time and sometimes my own team makes me sick when they react this way. The only difference is, they usually lose, so that shuts them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks