What's new

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
After reading all the positive posts in this thread, I turned on The Criterion Channel, reclined back in my theater chair, and viewed THE LADY VANISHES for the very first time.

Ron,

I'm curious after reading this - how does a streaming source like Criterion Channel look on a large screen like you have (I'm assuming you are talking about your projection screen)?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you liked Lady Vanishes, take a peek at Night Train To Munich, also from Criterion. It’s not a Hitchcock film and not technically a sequel, but Caldicott and Charters appear and it has another good tense plot.
I didn't see this post when you posted it, but as soon as I viewed my Criterion BD again of "The Lady Vanishes" to check to see if it became defective, I thought about "Night Train To Munich" when I saw Caldicott and Charters again. I forgot that Basil Radford and Wayne Naunton appeared in both films. Also, I enjoyed hearing "Colonel Bogey March"/"Bridge on the River Kwai" again in "The Lady Vanishes" along with Sir Alfred Hitchcock's cameo at the train station near the end of the film.

I'm actually watching this film twice as I'm making this post with the audio commentary playing in the background.

By the way, it's a shame Margaret Lockwood didn't do more Hollywood movies. I suspect she didn't want to leave England.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
The Lady Vanishes is a great film and when i discovered that the MGM HD channel was going to broadcast the 1979 version i had to watch it. I just finished watching it and it's a terrible film with Cybill Shepherd and Elliot Gould not at their best and the whole thing seemed goofy to me. Arthur Lowe and Ian Carmichael in the Basil Radford and Naunton Wayne roles of cricket-mad Charters and Caldicott were a dull bore to me. It was a box office flop and the last film Hammer Films made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks