What's new

The Keep at last ! (1 Viewer)

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Paramount will be releasing the Michael Mann movie on october 21st.No word on the extras yet.This one's long overdue in my opinion.

I'm also really pleased that THE KEEP is coming at last, if this is confirmed. I saw Michael Mann's own print of THE KEEP at his retrospective at the NFT in London in 1996 and loved the look, the atmosphere and the music.
However, didn't another site report a while back that Paramount turned down the chance to add any extras to the disc, and that Michael Mann is not involved in it?
Also, which version of the THE KEEP will this be? I have seen versions with two different endings on UK TV and according to imdb there are other versions.

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
The info comes from davisDVD.The date is for the region 1 release, otherwise I would have posted it on the regional dvd area!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Paramount ought to get Mann on the phone; get his version pristinely transfered to DVD; 5.1 remix; locate all the deleted scenes; record Mann commentary; film interviews. Or they shouldn't bother at all - The Keep is one of the cult films that should be an 'all-or-nothing' DVD - like Legend.

Great, weird film - stunning cinematography.

Gordy

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Nice thread fart, Rex. :rolleyes:I love THE KEEP, and Paramount had better do the right thing and let Mann have final say on which cut they use.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Justin_S wrote (post #8):

I think most of the participants in this thread would "love" to get a hold of a Keep DVD such as Mr. McMurphy describes, but I have news for you: You had better keep---or, in your case, get---a sense of humor about this whole matter, because we are not likely to get that ideal DVD---probably nothing even close to it, given the studio's track record with such films.

Naturally, I hope I'm wrong in the end, but I seriously doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks