What's new

The Irony of it All... (1 Viewer)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
why is that when renting from any outlet (blockbuster, hollywood, netflix) that the idiot that scratched the dvd before you got it never harms the forced commercials that the studios put on the discs????

so i sit through 10-15 minutes of forced commericials which have NO ISSUES and then when i get to the reason that i wanted to sit down and fire up the ht in the first place the movie is fubar.

my rant for the month.... (based on 3 discs that i have rented in the past week)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I don't know, but it's pretty rare to have ads that can't be skipped, either via fast forward or the menu or chapter keys.

I've only had 3 or 4 unplayable discs in almost 5 years with Netflix.

PhillJones

Second Unit
I've had a couple of unplayable disks from netflix. They arrived in the space of a month of each other. They were both broken, literally snapped in two. It never happened before or since. Wierd. Everything else has played but some of them look like coasters.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I notice that Disney FINALLY created DVDs which will start the feature movie all by themselves when they are popped into the DVD player. GOD BLESS THEM! They finally figured out that parents don't want to screw around with 10 minutes of previews, 2 minutes of legaleese and 30 seconds of title screen intro just to select 'play' to start a flick for their kids. I wish other companies would get the same clue.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> They were both broken, literally snapped in two.

That most likely happened in the mail. Hard to imagine the Netflix employee putting a disc like that in the envelope. I remember getting one like that... the other unplayables were badly scratched, in some cases I could play part of it, like maybe the 2nd layer was damaged so the movie played up to the layer change.

Most of the discs I get from them lack scratches or fingerprints- I think their customers treat the discs better than most who rent discs.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I once got a copied DVD in a netflix envelope. Clearly someone was duping their rentals, and accidentally sent back the wrong disc. Netflix gave me no problems, I always wondered if they did anything to the guy who returned the disc before I got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks