What's new

'The Indian in the Cupboard', what a wonderful little film! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just watched this for the very first time and I can't believe I overlooked it for this long! I love little fantasy films, and this was a really good one. The film has a very magical, child-like innocence about it that made me recall the days when I would hang out with friends playing in my room.

The kid who played 'Omri' (Hal Scardino) is a very unique looking kid, not the usual kind you see in these film's, and the guy who played the indian 'Little Bear' (Litefoot) was great, very believable in his role of a real human being who is snatched from his own time and thrust into this strange gigantic world by the magic cupboard of the title.

My favorite thing about it, though, is Randy Edelman's musical score, very gentle and wonderful, I think i'm going to see if I can get the soundtrack on ebay.

Anyway, I know this film is older, but I was very impressed by it and thought that a little random mention of an older film would be alright about now. ;)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
This is a nice film John. Nice message and well done. I used to own this on laserdisc. Haven't even seen it on dvd? Glad it's available. :emoji_thumbsup:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I guess it helps that Lord Vader makes an appearance in it, eh Tim? ;)

I got it on ebay at the urging of a friend of mine who loves the film, i'm glad I did, must remember to thank her when I talk to her.

Kain_C

Screenwriter

That's the only reason my friend and I went to see the movie! Talk about hardcore SW freaks!

Interesting trivia is that it was written by the then wife of Harrison Ford.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
I haven't seen the film, but I certainly loved the series of books, and would recommend them to anyone.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I remember reading (and Loving) these books as a kid, then going to watch the movie when it came out in theaters. I remember being dissapointed by the film, and haven't watched it since. Might be worth a re-visit.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I've never seen the movie, butI loved the first book when I was a kid. I had the second and third in the series, but I never got around to reading them and have no idea why. I don't know if the story continued after the third.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks