What's new

Pre-Order The Incredibles Collector's Edition (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Considering Pixar's track record of outstanding transfers, I doubt that very much.

I also doubt it but that would be the only way I would have canceled the purchase of The Incredibles. For me since I do not yet own it I will be picking it up on 4K blu-ray.

I've got he 4K Steelbook to support the idea as much as anything and Peter Pan Steelbook on order b/c I love the looks for pickup tomorrow. Not surprising that I'm exceedingly weak and ended up with the Wrinkle in Time as well.

You may or may not want to cancel the Perter Pan order as it has been getting less than stellar reviews. I had it on my purchase list but have changed my mind and will no longer be adding it to my library.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/peter-pan-signature-collection-blu-ray-review/

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Everything I've read indicate it's done from a 2K Intermediate, but the initial reports I've read have been extremely positive on both the PQ an AQ side.
I'm not sure you can get full 4k resolution out of animation in general (even old cel ink and paint) so this would not surprise me.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
You may or may not want to cancel the Perter Pan order as it has been getting less than stellar reviews.

I'm aware of the deficiencies and I already have the Diamond Edition Gold Border which is pretty much the same disc, so I'm getting it mostly for the New Steelbook. It's Disney in general so I'm weak on not buying their stuff -- I'm somewhat embarassed to list some of the Disney Items I've bought over the years down to and including Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 and 3

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I had it on my purchase list but have changed my mind and will no longer be adding it to my library.

To me, the thing is that even if the transfer is not film-like (and reviewers have every reason to be disappointed that it is not), it is still the only version of Peter Pan that Disney will be providing. So, if you don't get it and you also don't have the previous version of the Blu-ray in your collection, that means you won't have the movie at all. To me, I like the movie, and I want to be able to watch it, and Disney's scrubbed version is better than no version at all. Are you really willing to not see Peter Pan due to the problems with the transfer? If this was something we could actually get Disney to fix, I would be all for that, but they're obviously set in their ways, so we can accept them, or not. I choose to accept it because I still want to have a version of the movie, even if it's not the best one that could be had.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member

I'm not sure of the point. I read the reviews days ago before you posted the link yesterday, I read basically the same review years ago when I bought the Diamond Bluray +Digital. It still doesn't change my mind about buying the Steelbook since I'm aware of what it is and isn't.
My digital has already automatically upgraded so from a disc perspective the Signature offers nothing different than what I already have.

I would celebrate loudly if they re-transfer the entire movie to the original Video presentation for the Titanium BD and/or 4K and I'll likely buy it again in 5-10 years just I did for the LD and DVD. Or even if they do something else unique for shelf-show like the newest Christmas Ornament. Not buying it isn't likely to change Disney's mind one way or the other though I guess the less people that buy it decreases the odds of every being able to buy the next iteration of Physical Media (assuming of course both Physical Media and I survive until the next round)

Luckily I;m not at a point that it's a zero sum game (This steelbook or 3 other movies or skip 3 meals next week) -- either/or luckily can sometimes become this and that too .

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't watching the Amazon price last week -- did the release day price ever drop below $40 --
At least long enough to match BBY or Walmart's 29.96/29.99 release price?

Did anyone keep their Amazon order and if so was there any refund -- just noticed tonight Amazon's price
dropped to 29.99 for what appears to be the 1st time.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I wasn't watching the Amazon price last week -- did the release day price ever drop below $40 --
At least long enough to match BBY or Walmart's 29.96/29.99 release price?

Did anyone keep their Amazon order and if so was there any refund -- just noticed tonight Amazon's price
dropped to 29.99 for what appears to be the 1st time.
No, they never price matched BB nor Walmart and the price drop was on June 20th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks