What's new

Pre-Order The Incredibles Collector's Edition (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
201205_front.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
I don't quite understand the popularity of steelbooks.

I love 'em myself, even though they spend 99.9 % of their time sitting on a shelf with just their spines exposed. Think of it as the difference between a hardcover book vs the paperback version . Steelbooks / hardbacks just seem like a luxury version of the products.

I already have the UK steelbook version of The Incredibles on Blu-ray, and I don't believe I've ever watched it ! On normal terms I would appear to be odd, but somehow I think most everyone on this forum can identify with my statement. :)

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I love 'em myself, even though they spend 99.9 % of their time sitting on a shelf with just their spines exposed. Think of it as the difference between a hardcover book vs the paperback version . Steelbooks / hardbacks just seem like a luxury version of the products.
It's just not worth the extra monies to me as I'm not one to gaze at my film collection in a bookshelf, but instead spend my time actually watching the films in those disc cases.

Dan_Shane

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan Shane
It's just not worth the extra monies to me as I'm not one to gaze at my film collection in a bookshelf, but instead spend my time actually watching the films in those disc cases.

I don't mind that some collectors want nice packaging for their discs, just as I like the old paper packets for my beloved View-Master reels better than the plastic blister-packs. But indeed it's the content that really matters, and steel case without a 3-D disc of a 3-D movie doesn't interest me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't mind that some collectors want nice packaging for their discs, just as I like the old paper packets for my beloved View-Master reels better than the plastic blister-packs. But indeed it's the content that really matters, and steel case without a 3-D disc of a 3-D movie doesn't interest me.
Hey I have no problem with anybody buying steelbooks, it's just not my thing as those extra monies add up that I can use on other releases.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Occasionally ill buy a steelbook if the alternative artwork appeals to me, like the jumanji steel that looked like the case for the game. And I like having no info on the back cover.

But I don't own many, and the artwork on this version of the incredibles isn't exactly screaming at me. All of the great artists at Pixar and this is the best anyone could do?

Love the film though and am very much looking forward to a 4k version.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Also surprising that Amazon has a pre-order listing for a Disney release!

Not all that unusual to have a some preorder time period (at least for Catalog Titles) usually at full price, it just doesn't seem to stay available for very long. Once it goes OOS then it tends to stay OOS until release day and most of the time they end up PM somebody though many start to panic a couple days prior to release. I guess we'll see if this stays active more than a day or two and if it's really a change though with nothing for Peter Pan and Wrinkle in Time I'm not expecting things to follow too much of a different path.

Shipping of those preorders ahs also been irregular sometimes coming on usual release day delivery, but as often as not being delayed up to a month.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I think the only steelbooks I have are the Dario Argento film releases from Synapse Films, as it was the only way to buy the special editions of Suspiria, Phenomena and Tenebrae at the time.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Not all that unusual to have a some preorder time period (at least for Catalog Titles) usually at full price, it just doesn't seem to stay available for very long. Once it goes OOS then it tends to stay OOS until release day and most of the time they end up PM somebody though many start to panic a couple days prior to release. I guess we'll see if this stays active more than a day or two and if it's really a change though with nothing for Peter Pan and Wrinkle in Time I'm not expecting things to follow too much of a different path.

Shipping of those preorders ahs also been irregular sometimes coming on usual release day delivery, but as often as not being delayed up to a month.

So you're saying that Disney titles HAVE shown up on Amazon as preorders briefly?

Wasn't aware of that - I thought they were DOA period!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I have a handful of Steelbooks, most of which I've picked up on sale. One of the only times I've paid full price for a Steelbook was GOTG Vol. 2, and that was to get the 3D disc. No regrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks