What's new

The HTF Movie Trivia Scavenger Hunt (Vol. 1) (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
OK, here's an elaborate-sounding but rather simple trivia game that was inspired by something I came across at the IMDb a long time back.
In order to play along, all you'll need is a second browser open and set to www.imdb.com Important: Each movie's 'main page' at the IMDb has a link for that film's message board. The link for these message boards is directly under the sole User Comment on the flick's main page. (Read the past few sentences twice, and I promise it will make sense.)
So in a few minutes, I will ask a somewhat easy trivia question. (Example: "Steven Spielberg played a county clerk during the finale of what John Landis film?") If you think the answer is The Blues Brothers, go to the IMDb page for that movie, and then click the link to access The Blues Brothers' Message Board.
Provided you have the correct movie, the Message Board will contain a Post that says "HTF Trivia Hunt Question #2!!" and within that post is the next trivia question! This introductory game contains only 10 questions, because I wanted to let those who are interested get used to how the game works.
Recap:
1. Read trivia question.
2. Figure out the correct answer.
3. Go to that movie's IMDb page.
4. Click on 'Message Board' underneath the one User Comment.
5. Click on the Message Board Post containing the next HTF Trivia Question.
6. Repeat until you win.
The fun is to see who can finish first, and also just to let people see how far they can go. Please don't post any of the answers in this thread. I think I covered everything, but feel free to ask any questions.
So let's get this underway:
The first (introductory) HTF Movie Trivia Scavenger Hunt!
Question #1: Glenn Close was hired to dub over all of Andie McDowell's dialogue in what film?
WWW.IMDB.COM !!! (Have fun!)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I'm trying to figure out #8 right now. There were a couple that I had to let IMDb figure out for me. I'm just not smart enough I suppose.
Especially the "easy" director one. I remembered it in the "smithee" film but couldn't remember where it came from exactly till after I found the result.
Fun so far. :D

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
stuck on last one.
at first I thought On Golden Pond...whoops :b
not quite what you were looking for :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Seth-

I've made a slight error. Check question #10 again please.

(Anyone who reaches question #10 after this message is posted will be fine.)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
damn you, i thought it was Carrie

ugh, still thinking

wait, they aren't mother/daughter are they. bah

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
you sob, changing the question on me.
technically then, is my answer right under the original question?

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Finally got it, but I had to work the web to do that. Even then I found the triva question with 5 choices, but the answer page was expired. ha :)
Still, that was enough to get me there.
Sadly, I had not seen that film so I was pretty much screwed in knowing that. In fact I didn't know they were mother/daughter even.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Aha, what a cool game! Thanks for setting it up, Scott :). It took me a while to get the last one, I immediately thought it would be Iris.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Too easy, but not because I've seen all the movies. I'm a IMDb veteran of about 7 years, so I know how to use it. It should be a great tool for people to learn the power of the IMDb.
Anyway, that was a lot of fun. A couple of things, though:
You misspelled Kalidor, making a character name search impossible.
I actually saw Speed Zone in the theater. :b I'd forgotten the name, but I got there by searching for Donna Dixon. :laugh: "Look! It's a bird nesting!" :rolleyes

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Excellent game.

Dang! I am stuck on #10 and it is almost 2am. Could someody please tell me the answer? Use the spoiler tag of course.

Good work Scott!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
:frowning:
I wish you hadn't posted that, Tom. Gives people an easy out if they're stuck.
No biggie. Hopefully someone else will try and start up a really HARD one!

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Cool and fun idea, Scott (even if it wasn't your idea)

Most of the questions were a little too easy, though.
Too bad some idiot had to gave away the final answer, my response wouldn't have been as nice as yours! :b

Maybe for another game, the final answer would invite the winner to leave a comment in some hidden HTF thread...something in the Testing forum perhaps.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
I finished without looking at that spoiler. It was a hard one that last question. If you want more people to do this, keep it balanced with mostly hard but throw in a few easy ones. Got that video game one on my second guess!
Keep it going, do more of these!!! Better doing this than wasting time in some rant thread like a pack of wolves.
:)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'd be happy to do another one in the future, but I could use a little help in coming up with some questions. Perhaps if some of my HTF pals could PM me with some solid trivia questions... :)
Keep in mind that the answer needs to be a movie title, and that you won't be able to 'officially' participate if you contribute a whole bunch of questions.
Who knows...maybe I could even scrounge up some cheezy prizes! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks