What's new

the HTF Challenge (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Surely not Twisted Metal?
Congratulations Chris you win..uh..well you dont win anything but you guessed right. I have never once touched a Twisted Metal game. The car combat genre just holds no interest for me so I never sought to play the games.
Mike,
LA Swat I have played. Though not for an extended amount of time. The smurf game I have played also:)
Star Raiders..hmmm...I'm not sure I recognize that one.
Oh and yes I agree on Athena:)
EDIT: I did some looking up on Star Raiders cause that one had me intrigued. I DO REMEMBER THAT! I HATED HATED HATED HATED THAT DAMN GAME!! UGH! I still have the numberpad controller you posted about. *promptly goes to throw it away for even bringing back memories of the game*!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Dude, When does that come out!? Jet Set sequel WOOHOO!
Heh. In case you've never heard of it (and I assume you haven't), it's a fairly important history-wise (& very fondly loved by a lot of Europeans) flipscreen platformer on the ZX Spectrum. It, along with Mat Smith's other platformer, Manic Miner, were VERY influencial on a lot of programmers/designers at the time & on future generations of Euro programmers/designers.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Heh. In case you've never heard of it (and I assume you haven't), it's a fairly important history-wise (& very fondly loved by a lot of Europeans) flipscreen platformer on the ZX Spectrum. It, along with Mat Smith's other platformer, Manic Miner, were VERY influencial on a lot of programmers/designers at the time & on future generations of Euro programmers/designers.
Never heard of either 2 Brian. I'll have to look up some information on them. Sounds interesting.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Whoo hoo! I win! Now go back and remove all the hints from your posts so I look smart. ;)
No Interstate '76 either? That's too bad, I had a blast with that one. "Easy Groove"
Too bad you don't enjoy the car combat genre, Twisted Metal: Black is still one of my favorite PS2 games. Although, come to think of it, I had never played a Twisted Metal game until that one came out.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Rendezvous - It is/was an VERY early computer game that my parents bought me with the Apple II+ when it was new.

Three Mile Island was another game that I had way back when, also on the Apple II+.

...play those Rom????

Nathan A

Second Unit
Masterblaster? nah, Blaster Master.

How 'bout Crash n the Boy's Street Challenge? i didn't play it until about a year ago and laughed a lot when i did. it's sweet.

or any of the terrible Wisdom Tree bible games? think i've still got 3 different NES bible game carts around here somewhere.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Hmm-thought the obscure NES games would work. Not surprised that you've never heard of SLH though. A Superhero RPG title from Legend by the same guy who wrote the Spellcasting series-funny as hell. Ok, how about these:

Terranigma (SNES) (Since Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia are too easy)
Super glove ball (WITH the power glove)
The Mike Tyson-less version of Punch-Out

and how about..

Mario Clash
Teleroboxer
or any of the other VB titles?

This is kinda fun-do I see an obscure VG trivia thread coming up?

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
The Space Invaders coin-op was out of arcades by the time you got old enough to go out, I think. Unless you went to some really crappy arcades...;)
Yeah, me and Street Fighter 2 had a love-hate relationship. It loved taking my quarters and I hated myself for falling into its trap. How about Raistan? That's another (fairly obscure) one that took alot of my quarters.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Do you mean Rastan Saga, John? I really liked it at the time; don't whatever you do try it under MAME or your memories will be shattered.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, maybe - the one I'm thinking of has a barbarian-guy that jumps up and goes through the ground. Kinda hazy on the details as its been about 10 years. :eek:

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
B.C.'s Quest for Tires?
B.C.'s the Grogg's Revenge?
Race Car Destruction Set?
LeaderBoard?
Journey Escape?
Crystal Castles?
Alter Ego?

Romier?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks