What's new

The Green Mile SE: November 14th (1 Viewer)

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
I sold my original Green Mile DVD the day I heard a new one was coming out. One of my faves getting the SE treament, spread over 2 discs...cheap? No problem. I bought it on Tuesday. Can't wait to watch it this weekend.

I have no problem with splitting a movie over two discs -- premium PQ and Audio matter to me more than convenience. I also like this new trend of putting special features on both discs, rather than movie on one and features on another. The new King Kong Extended Edition has 3 discs, and the special features are spread out over all three. I would have liked a DTS track but apparantly 4 discs was a no-no. See the KKEE thread for info.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I watched the Special Edition and last night and I wonder if anyone else who has viewed it can help me with something. At the beginning of Disc 2 with Edgecomb has his co-worker buddies over to the house to eat, they're outside eating and the brightness levels throughout that entire scene are wildly inconsistent, and sometimes they change even in the middle of a shot. Does anyone know whether this is inherent in the theatrical print or a problem with the DVD. That is the only scene where it happens, and I don't remember it on the original DVD although it has been years since I've watched it and no longer have it for comparison.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer

I watched TGM last night and was waiting for this scene (based on your post) and I did not see any changes in brightness level at all.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Thanks, Brett, I watched the disc at a friend's house who had never seen the movie. Since you didn't see it, I'll check out that scene at home and see if the problem is still there.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Hope it makes it to HD DVD but regardless the extras alone are worth it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks