What's new

The Glass House any Reviews (1 Viewer)

Don

Second Unit
ok just noticed this movie was out did anyone buy it or see it yet i prefer to buy then rent. also doe's anyone have Das-Boot is it all in sub-titles just watched part of it early this morninf on TCM and noticed the sub-titles Don,
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Frank James

Auditioning
Ya I rented it the other night, I thought it was going to be a scary thriller, I didn't read the back. Just wanted something I haven't seen! I quess it falls in the suspence catagory? But I give it a rating of 1 of 5 stars, I'd rent it before I'd buy it if I was you.

Frank

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Rent The Glass Houselike I did. I never saw it the week it was in theaters.
There isn't much in the way of story or suspense. The only interesting scene(Leelee and girlfriends in catholic school type of outfits), sadly lasts 1 minute(or less)
I feel like it runs about the same lines of Domestic Disturbance...VERY STALE

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
I thought this was a really engrossing thriller in the old fashioned sort of way. It isn't all action, but builds-up slowly and atmospherically. The car sequence at the end was clever and the performances by a quality cast were all good.

The DVD is first rate. The sound and picture are fantastic! Very sharp and defined. There is fullscreen and anamorphic widescreen version's on the dual sided disc. The menus are good and the supplements are excellent. There is a really entertaining and informative audio commentary by the writer and director, a deleted scene with/without commentary, the films trailer in anamorphic widescreen, a trailer for 'I Know What You Did Last Summer', and filmographies and interviews with Leelee Sobieski, Diane Lane, Stellan Skarsgard, Bruce Dern, Trevor Morgan, the director and the producer. The filmographies themselves are more like 'film highlights' than complete listings.

Although the film wasn't a big hit (grossing $18 million) it was overlooked as it was released in the same week as the September 11th terrorist attacks. There was very little promotion for it which was a shame, as it deserved better.

A recommended film on an excellent DVD!

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I bought the DVD sight unseen (a risky move...but I'm a hopeless fan of the genre...what can I say?) and really rather enjoyed the film. Decent flick, decent package.

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
I thought this was a painful spoon-fed "by-the-numbers" thriller. Everything I saw in this film was done alot better by better films, IMO.
:star: (out of 4)

Jason Wolters

Stunt Coordinator
:star: :star: :star: 1/2 (out of 5 stars)
This film gets trashed in a lot of reviews. It isn't trash. Definitely worth a look. I wouldn't buy it for my collection however.

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! What an excellent film. Bought it yesterday! Great thriller, very subtle, but with good twists and turns. Excellent cast includes Leelee Sobieski and Diane Lane, two great (and attractive) actresses. Highly recommended purchase or atleast a rent.

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
In no way could I say that this film was THAT predictable. I thoroughly enjoyed it in any case. You don't get 'made-for-TV' movies very often with this kind of quality production design or quality acting, by a quality cast. IMHO this was a cool little flick that was very atmospheric and creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks