What's new

Directors The Foreign Film Draft (2 Viewers)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Yeah! 16!

Just use 12-hour time limits - seems to be working well in other drafts.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
If you go to 16 I fear I'd run out (not that I don't have a lot of favorite foreign films, but it's not like no one is going to steal them.), so if you do go to 16, just give my slot to Lew (who'd never run out).
:laugh: True enough George, but I do note that from the Writers Draft that you have not run out of foreign authors. :D

J.R.R. Tolkien
Charles Dickens
Agatha Christie

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
This is a bit of self-interest, but I think that George's Director Draft is moving along very quickly, even with Brook off-line for much of the time.

All up to Justin, of course.

Cary T

Screenwriter
I think 8 is a good number for this draft. I'm not speaking for Justin, but I think he wouldn't mind if you form your group of 8 in another foreign draft.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I don't want to disappoint anyone, so I'll try and resolve this with some questions. Do any of you (besides George) feel that you will run out of foreign films if we go to 16? Or is the amount of time 16 players take your concern? If its time, I'm making the time limit 12 hours BTW. I'd really hate to lose anyone, but the answers to these questions will hopefully decide my decision. :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
That's true, but it's a combination of the 12 hour rule, and the fact that a number of people (and especially Brook) have pm'd me ahead of time with a list of choices.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Yes, it's possible I will run out if we go to 16.

BTW, does it have to jump from 8 to 16? Can it be a number like 12? Don't mind me, my mind doesn't work in anything related to mathematics and how many numbers match up in face-offs or whatever. ;)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Okay, we'll keep this one at 8 then since so many of you may run out. As for everyone who didn't make it in, if you guys want, I'll start another thread where you all can have your own. Let me know. :)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
The list of participants are:

Me
Cary
Brian
Rain (I think?)
George
Brook
Elizabeth
Vickie

Okay, my first pick is a film I saw just recently, yet it has quickly become one of my favorite films of all time. It is the spectacular IRREVERSIBLE.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Do as you like, but tell me you limited it to 8 for efficiency, and not because the participants are worried about "running out" of choices.

With due respect, that seems ridiculous.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I agree about Canadian films.

You guys might be right. Elizabeth is the queen of foreign films and yet claimed that she might run out. That’s about as likely as Steve running out of films with which I’m unfamiliar.
Hehe. :D I was calculating 10 rounds by 16 people, and wondering if I've seen enough I'd deem worthy if everyone snatched my favorites!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
As for everyone who didn't make it in, if you guys want, I'll start another thread where you all can have your own. Let me know.
Sounds good to me. Or if you want, I can run it. Funny thing is, I was thinking about doing a horror movie draft and here you come out with one featuring foreign films. Go figure! :D

While I'm here, I may as well mention my latest discovery: Siberian Lady MacBeth, directed by Andrzej Wajda. See my last post in the Expanding Horizons thread for more info. HIGHLY recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks