What's new

The Emmy's are cancelled (once again) (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they'll just announce the winners eventually rather then have a show. No big deal.
------------------

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Correct. They will not do any sort of emmy "show" the winners will be announced in print. That's OK, hell, I wish it were that way more often.. that way you don't get any of the dorky numbers or long rambling speeches.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
As I write this there will be an announcement at 6 PM Eastern Time on what the TV Academy is going to do. Stay tuned.
[Edited last by Peter Kline on October 07, 2001 at 06:07 PM]

PatrickM

Screenwriter
I thought I heard on CNN that the show will not be broadcast for this year.
Patrick
------------------
My DVD Collection
Patrick The 69th most popular name for boys according to the Social Security Administration.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
At the news conference they were non committal about whether the show will eventually be produced. They referred to to it as being postponed, not cancelled. No decision yet. No show Sunday night, however.
------------------

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yes, CNN had reported that they would just print the winners. They are now saying that that may not be the case, and a formal announcement will be made *shrug* we'll see.

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
The first one was postponed. The one tonight was first reported as a cancellation for good but is now being reported as another postponement. Stay tuned.
~Edwin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks