What's new

THE EGYPTIAN Blu Ray on DVD July 12 from Twilight!!!!! (1 Viewer)

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
Wow....woke up this morning in Rome and just saw the fantastic news on Blu-ray.com Can't wait!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
For people like me who love widescreen movies from the 1950s, this is very good news. I have the Spanish DVD of The Egyptian which is excellent but if this Blu-ray disc is done properly, I will happily upgrade.

Does this announcement mean that other 20th Century Fox Cinemascope movies will be issued on Blu-ray? I hope so.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Count me in as one of the many who will buy this classic. I hope this will be a trend on all those great Fox Films yet to be released.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I just got an email from screenarchives that they will email as soon as they have it ready to order.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
The only off putting sign is the dreadful cover art at High Def Digest. Makes the recent "biblical" covers look magnificent. Of course, you can change it as I and I suspect many others will do, so this is great news.

The Spanish dvd was the way to go until now but with BD PQ,sound without the PAL speedup and lossless multi channel,I can't wait till July. Hopefully, if it sells well it will encourage other Scope releases. The other releases in this series were limited to 3000.Let's hope if this is the case here, they sell out pretty quickly.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by john a hunter

The only off putting sign is the dreadful cover art at High Def Digest. Makes the recent "biblical" covers look magnificent. Of course, you can change it as I and I suspect many others will do, so this is great news.

That's NOT the Twilight Time cover art. It looks like the old VHS cover.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Originally Posted by Mark Collins

I went to site for ordering and they still do not have it up yet

They usually put the next upcoming title for pre-order when they ship the title previously preordered. So don't expect a preorder until the Fate is the Hunter DVD is released later this month (around the 15th). However, there might be another title being slated for June, so that title might be put on preorder instead.

EDIT: I was right--Woman Obsessed will be released in June, so don't expect Egyptian preordering to begin until mid-June

ShowsOn

Second Unit
Real Name
Simon Howson
The Egyptian should be available to pre-ordered on DVD and Blu-ray in a few days.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by ShowsOn

The Egyptian should be available to pre-ordered on DVD and Blu-ray in a few days.

Amazon still doesn't have it listed as available for preorder.

Crawdaddy

Ernest

Supporting Actor
The BluRay version will be sold by screen archives and they will only have 3000 copies. You will need to order as soon as the title is posted. I purchased the region 4 version in anamorphic widescreen, 16 x 9, from a DVD distributor in Australia and the video quality is very good. The audio is monaural.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Screen Archives Entertainment has it up for pre-order today and boy are they proud of it. The price is $39.99. I really want this title and went ahead and pre-ordered the Blu-ray, for this is, so far, the most want title and I am afraid it will sell out soon with a limited number produced. I really wish I could have waited for reviews and thoughts, but oh well. By the way the DVD is listed for $19.99.

Screen Archives Entertainment is the only place to get this title. They have the exclusive on Twilight Time titles since they own it.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Pre-Ordered I buy Film Scores from Screen Archives all the time so I would imagine the release will be as good as they can get it for the release. I am hoping we can get a confirmation on the Blu-Ray Audio for the release. I would guess they meant to list it as HD Audio.. but just didn't mention it.

BLU

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/15576/THE-EGYPTIAN-1954-BLU-RAY-PRE-ORDER/

DVD

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/15574/THE-EGYPTIAN-1954-DVD-PRE-ORDER/

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahollis

Screen Archives Entertainment has it up for pre-order today and boy are they proud of it. The price is $39.99. I really want this title and went ahead and pre-ordered the Blu-ray, for this is, so far, the most want title and I am afraid it will sell out soon with a limited number produced. I really wish I could have waited for reviews and thoughts, but oh well. By the way the DVD is listed for $19.99.

Screen Archives Entertainment is the only place to get this title. They have the exclusive on Twilight Time titles since they own it.

alistairKerr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alistair
And good news for overseas (ie UK and Europe etc) buyers. The Blu-ray is region-free. (I checked with Twilight Time via their Facebook page). Ordered!

Alistair

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I rec'd an e-mail response back from Screen Archives regarding the blu-ray Audio...

On the Blu-Ray, the feature audio is 5.1 DTS Master Audio, the score is 2.0 DTS Master Audio, and the commentary is 2.0 DTS @ 255kbps

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor
Put in my order last night. Hopefully enough people order the bluray that Twilight Time is able to continue releasing blurays. A staggered release schedule of 5-6 discs per year would be fine by me and the high purchase prices would be easier to absorb.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Originally Posted by Scott Calvert

Put in my order last night. Hopefully enough people order the bluray that Twilight Time is able to continue releasing blurays. A staggered release schedule of 5-6 discs per year would be fine by me and the high purchase prices would be easier to absorb.

I could be wrong but I would guess that the blu-ray could sell out before the DVD version. The blu-ray will be highly collectable since it will be the best image and sound quality for the film. Very curious to see the outcome.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger

I could be wrong but I would guess that the blu-ray could sell out before the DVD version. The blu-ray will be highly collectable since it will be the best image and sound quality for the film. Very curious to see the outcome.

My thoughts exactly. That is why I pre-orderd yesterday, so I would not be left out.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
If they sell out in a few days/weeks, I imagine it would be in their interest to make another run of discs, say 1000-1500. Why lose out on other potential sales? I understand the reasoning in making it a small run in order to test the waters, but if it's a smash hit, no reason to not take advantage of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks