What's new

The effects of high temps (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
It is going to be one of those 90+F days here in the San Francisco Bay Area today. I was just wondering how heat will affect the various components in speakers. BTW, I have a pair of Energy C-1 as L/R speakers in a two channel system.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Hummm....very interesting, RenoV.....

Let me edit my original question to see if I can get an answer to what I intended to ask....

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
The speakers should be fine. The amp is more of a concern. Make sure the amp has ample ventilation if it is running in extreme heat.

Are these outside? All my gear is in a nice air-conditioned room so it makes no difference how hot it is outside.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Brain,
The speakers are currently in a closet as I am cleaning/rearranging my music/HT room. I have central air-conditioning in the house, but no one is at home during the day. I can't possibly turn on the A/C in an empty house when my job (at the CA Public Utilities Commission) is to spread the idea of energy conservation.
But then, this is Home Theater, damnit!! :D

RenoV

Agent
I think as long as the equipment isn't actually on an running while you're away you should be fine... while it's operating I'm sure the temps get well over 90 degrees but if while you're home you turn the air on and have proper ventilation on all sides of your amp(s) especially I wouldn't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks