The effects of high temps

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Danny Tse, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

It is going to be one of those 90+F days here in the San Francisco Bay Area today. I was just wondering how heat will affect the various components in speakers. BTW, I have a pair of Energy C-1 as L/R speakers in a two channel system.

2. RenoV

RenoV Agent

edit[​IMG]original post edited, response irrelavant)

3. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Hummm....very interesting, RenoV.....

Let me edit my original question to see if I can get an answer to what I intended to ask....

4. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

The speakers should be fine. The amp is more of a concern. Make sure the amp has ample ventilation if it is running in extreme heat.

Are these outside? All my gear is in a nice air-conditioned room so it makes no difference how hot it is outside.

5. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Brain,
    The speakers are currently in a closet as I am cleaning/rearranging my music/HT room. I have central air-conditioning in the house, but no one is at home during the day. I can't possibly turn on the A/C in an empty house when my job (at the CA Public Utilities Commission) is to spread the idea of energy conservation.
    But then, this is Home Theater, damnit!! [​IMG]

6. RenoV

RenoV Agent

I think as long as the equipment isn't actually on an running while you're away you should be fine... while it's operating I'm sure the temps get well over 90 degrees but if while you're home you turn the air on and have proper ventilation on all sides of your amp(s) especially I wouldn't worry.

7. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Thanks to everyone for your advice!