What's new

The difference between Europe and the USA (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
not trying to be political or judgy or anything. My bro-in-law sent this to me today and I thought it was funny and often true.

:)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
HA! Nope, haven't ever been actually!
MY ex was from Winchester though and a doll. Alicia Silverstone clone.

:)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Suddenly, I'm all for a European union...

htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
That's pretty funny, but shouldn't the European girl have more armpit hair? (hardy har har).

This reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they are in Japan and visit a restaurant called "Americatown".

Waiter: Howdy gangstas! I'm average American Joe Salaryman waiter.
Bart: These prices suck! 10,000 yen for coleslaw?
Lisa: Don't you serve anything that's even remotely Japanese?
Waiter: Don't ask me; I don't know anything! I'm product of American
education system. I also build poor-quality cars and inferior-style
electronics.
Homer: [cackles] Oh, they got our number!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I dated 2 french women. One had the hairy armpits, one didn't. Both very sexy though...

;)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Considering your lot are such Euro-sceptics (OK, not everybody), can't blame the rest of the world for treating the term "Europe" as shorthand for "continental Europe, i.e. excluding the Brits"... :D

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Let me see, both eyes of that European girl are equal...
Mmm, you mean everything at the right side is bigger in the US?

Cees

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Sorry - must deviate from thread topic.

I think a lazy eye makes for a real sexy look. Every girl I have known or seen with one has pushed the hottie dial to eleven. I don't know who that girl is in the pic that Dave posted, but....yow!

Please return to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis

Actually you could make a case for the UK being more American than European. We share a common language, a common defense establishment, and a common legal heritage. We cite each other's case law and graduates of each other's law schools may practice in each other's countries. This simply isn't true for any other European countries.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Absolutely. Just as the Brits have all sorts of "step-children", being the former colonies, scattered around world.

Having said that, I did recently review the English admission requirements to the Roll of Solicitors, and they now accept (presumably due to EU requirements) lawyers from most EU jurisdictions. It used to be, of course, mostly Commonwealth countries only, and indeed this piddling little country was almost unique in that a lawyer from Singapore did not have to take any tests at all -- conversion was simply a matter of application, whereas even the Aussies and Kiwis had to take one test on something (can't remember what).

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Assuming Holadem's question is directed at me, I'm not really sure why. The list of jurisdictions whose lawyers may seek admission to the English Roll is at http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/documen...listv12004.pdf and from that I see Aussie and Kiwi lawyers need to take the test on Professional Conduct and Accounts. I can only assume that the English consider our own Practice Law Course (a pre-requisite to admission in Singapore) to cover this sufficiently that another test is not required.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks