What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order The Diamond Wizard (3D Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81Gl1NLgSzL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
"In 2-D, this is still a fairly serviceable plot with enough action and character to hold your focus. But boy howdy, Gordon Lang’s cinematography coupled with Charles W. Smith serving as 3-D technician, this film takes on a whole extra dimension. Simple nondescript rooms are amplified with an often subtle but incredible amount of depth. There are objects throughout the scenery to maintain depth and how the camera moves around and within the space makes magnificent use of the format.

Take any of the Scottland Yard offices seen throughout the film. The rooms themselves may not be much offering some random foreground and middle-ground objects – but look outside the windows. You’ll see tree branches and other buildings extending far off into the distance. The camera often pulls in or out on our subjects during various scenes but that sense of depth is never lost or in the case of the FBI agent making a simple phone call, makes a narrow feel more claustrophobic. Then you have the climax of the film with some amazing use of set locations like an atomic laboratory or one of those terrifyingly steep escalators at a London Underground station!"

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
Got this 3D Blu Ray and watched it last night. What a terrific restoration! This looks much better than it did at the World 3D Film Expos I saw it at. Very good depth, especially in the outdoor scenes and no misalignment. The out of the screen effects are fun, too, especially the scene with the ballistics test. This is probably the best gun poking out of the screen shot I've ever seen in a 3D movie. This is simply put another triumph for the 3DFA and Kino. They deserve our gratitude for rescuing this little gem.

As for the movie itself, it's a lot of fun. Dennis O'Keefe and Phillip Friend have a good chemistry as the heroes, Margaret Sheridan looks stunning, and Francis DeWolff is a good imposing villain. The climax itself is worth the price of admission.

You can't go wrong with this Blu Ray. Very highly recommended.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Got this 3D Blu Ray and watched it last night. What a terrific restoration! This looks much better than it did at the World 3D Film Expos I saw it at. Very good depth, especially in the outdoor scenes and no misalignment. The out of the screen effects are fun, too, especially the scene with the ballistics test. This is probably the best gun poking out of the screen shot I've ever seen in a 3D movie. This is simply put another triumph for the 3DFA and Kino. They deserve our gratitude for rescuing this little gem.

As for the movie itself, it's a lot of fun. Dennis O'Keefe and Phillip Friend have a good chemistry as the heroes, Margaret Sheridan looks stunning, and Francis DeWolff is a good imposing villain. The climax itself is worth the price of admission.

You can't go wrong with this Blu Ray. Very highly recommended.
Notice any cut-through scratches or softness to the image?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Did not notice any such issues. Looked beautiful on my projector.
Should have specified. Did you view the digital 3D or the anaglyph? I’ve noticed that most reviews discuss the anaglyph, while I sampled the digital.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
I'm a bit snobbish now and don't do anaglyph anymore. I looked at a minute or two in anaglyph just for kicks before settling down and watching the whole thing in digital 3D. I watched it on a 100-inch screen roughly 12 feet away from it. It looked quite beautiful and sharp to me.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I'm a bit snobbish now and don't do anaglyph anymore. I looked at a minute or two in anaglyph just for kicks before settling down and watching the whole thing in digital 3D. I watched it on a 100-inch screen roughly 12 feet away from it. It looked quite beautiful and sharp to me.
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks