What's new

"The Critic" DVD petition (1 Viewer)

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
You have no idea how many "Critic" petitions I've signed over the years. And I will continue to do my part to get it released. Let's just hope this one works...

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Signed.

And, on a side note: I keep fearing Comedy Central

is going to pull the pin on their broadcasts, since

they keep moving it around, and adding other shows.

-Mark

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Any news on this title being released on DVD?
I would think with "niche" shows like Sports Night (which I am grateful for) being released, that The Critic should be coming along!
Any word from Columbia-TriStar on this?
How about the producers of the show?
Puuuuleeese!
Mark

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
If you are a fan of the Simpsons, or if you like FUNNY STUFF, then you know THE CRITIC is a funny show
Then why did Matt Groening, creator of "The Simpsons" have his name removed from "A Star Is Burns", the episode in which Jay Sherman appeared? ;)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Then why did Matt Groening, creator of "The Simpsons" have his name removed from "A Star Is Burns", the episode in which Jay Sherman appeared?
I have no idea why. Did you read this in an article ore something.

So his name isn't anywhere on the episode at all, even on the TV in the opening credits?

What about that other episode with The Critic...(In the mental institution):

"It stinks! It stinks!. . "

"Yes, Mr. Sherman. Everything Stinks."

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
That quote was my default error sound for a long time in Windows.

So, would this petition be for the entire ABC-Fox-Flash series?

If so, I'm in. Signed it, with that sentiment in the comments.

All Hail Duke. Duke is Life.

Back on my meds,

CS

P.S. My brother is named Jay. He was not pleased when the show came out. Think Homer Simpson, "Police Cops."

BarryS

Second Unit
I love this show. I watch it on Comedy Central whenever I can. I hate it that The Critic never made it. It was a damn funny show. The musing's of Jay's father always made me laugh.

"If I could be any vegetable, I'd be a carrot!"

Matt Giggey

Stunt Coordinator
When Fox got "The Critic" from ABC (I think), they scheduled the premier of the show on Sunday at 8:30, right after "The Simpsons." On the night in question was the episode where Jay Sherman visits Springfield for the film festival. Groening didn't approve of the idea for the episode but couldn't do anything about it. He thought Fox was whoring out his show to promote another show (although it was a great episode).

JavierS

Stunt Coordinator
So, would this petition be for the entire ABC-Fox-Flash series?
I wasn't a fan of the Flash series. The good thing about it was that they could make parodies of movies that are coming out much sooner than on the TV show. The bad thing was that the only returning character was Jay. I actually think what mad The Critic funny was the whole cast, especially the father.

John CW

Supporting Actor
It's weird, despite having a GREAT writing team I never thought the Critic ever found it's place. I really tried to like it (I LOVE the Simpsons for example) but it always bugged me the way it thought it made reference to how "dumb" the Simpsons was (and thus how much more "intelligent" it was), when it wasn't anything too clever itself.
Anyways, this isn't the place!
I hope you fans get your show on DVD! (I know frustrating it is when you they won't release your fave show! :frowning:)
~ John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks