What's new

The COVID Vaccination Thread (2 Viewers)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
My wife finally received her #2 Moderna shot yesterday. She's been barely functional since then, experiencing head and body aches whereas I experienced only general fatigue on the day of my #2 shot and was perfectly fine the next day other than a sore arm of course.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
After all my kvetching about Pennsylvania's slowness in distribution, I got my first shot today. Second shot in three weeks and by Memorial Day, I'll be good to go.

The crazy thing is that this is the first day that the regular population was able to get the shot so I figured there'd be some fairly decent-sized lines but there was no lines, no waiting and maybe a quarter of the 'recovery' seats were filled. They told me that the site (at the community college) was being shut down soon and my second shot will probably be moved to the smaller closed-down Sears at the mall.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately that maps with the larger trend that there is a significant percentage of the US population uninterested in getting the vaccine. Meanwhile other countries are experiencing spikes and major vaccine shortages. It’s tragic. I’m glad we’re sending some overseas.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
My wife finally received her #2 Moderna shot yesterday. She's been barely functional since then, experiencing head and body aches whereas I experienced only general fatigue on the day of my #2 shot and was perfectly fine the next day other than a sore arm of course.

My wife now reports being at 85% normal capacity after a rather difficult day yesterday. Well worth it all things considered.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I got my second Moderna shot Wednesday last week.
They day after I was out of it all day.
Entire body was hurting. Like when you have a bad cold and everything aches.
Extremely tired. Slept most of the day.
That was Thursday. Friday I was back to normal.
Saturday I was fine.
Sunday started feeling rough again
Tired, and a really bad headache.

Today mostly fine until later in the evening.
Head feeling clogged and throat feeling like a lump in there.
Swallowing is a little tough compared to normal.

Not sure if it’s still side affects or if I actually managed to catch a mild cold.

I haven’t had any kind of cold since sometime in 2018 so. :huh:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I got my second Moderna shot Wednesday last week.
They day after I was out of it all day.
Entire body was hurting. Like when you have a bad cold and everything aches.
Extremely tired. Slept most of the day.
That was Thursday. Friday I was back to normal.
Saturday I was fine.
Sunday started feeling rough again
Tired, and a really bad headache.

Today mostly fine until later in the evening.
Head feeling clogged and throat feeling like a lump in there.
Swallowing is a little tough compared to normal.

Not sure if it’s still side affects or if I actually managed to catch a mild cold.

I haven’t had any kind of cold since sometime in 2018 so. :huh:
Sorry to hear this. I'd monitor yourself closely as your symptoms are are bit beyond what has been experienced by most after the 2nd shot. Your remaining symptoms do sound more like a common cold so hopefully it will just run its course quickly.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
In the Before Times I used to attend conferences for work. Always accumulated a nice little collection of lanyards with little plastic holders for conference badge/ID/etc. Now that I have need for one (which is how I want to safely store my vaccine card) I can't find one. I've already taken high-res pics of mine and stored them locally and in the cloud, but I'd like to keep the original in good condition (hey, I collected comics as a child, so you know what I mean)...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
When I got my first shot, they put my card inside a small ziploc bag before they gave it to me.

• Insightful
Reactions: PMF

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
My wife didn't get a hard proof of vaccination after her AstraZeneca inoculation. I ended up calling the Pharmacy, and they were successful in getting the emailed proof out on their second attempt. There was some minor issue with inputting her health card number apparently, which is why she didn't get one, and she didn't know that there was even such a thing, although I'm sure I've mentioned it before.

The funny thing is, her 16 week waiting period between doses ends right on our 30th Wedding Anniversary! Fancy that!! :)

CHEERS! :)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm officially at maximum immunity.

The effects I had from both shots were what I'd call extremely minor, bordering on imperceptible. I had the shots at 11:00 AM, went back to work after the 1st with my usual Wednesday off the next day. For the 2nd shot, I took that day off as well as the next day. I felt slightly run down the afternoon after the 1st shot and just had a sore arm the day after the 2nd shot. I have some tendonitis/frozen shoulder/damaged rotator cuff or some injury in my right shoulder, which was distinctly irritated after both shots. I'm left handed, but I convinced the pharmacist to do the injection in my left arm both times for this reason. I'm really glad I did that.

I am so glad this is done, and as I've said before, I will return for any necessary boosters.

@TonyD , it really does sound like you got a cold. It'll probably hit you harder than normal, since your immune system is busy building immunity to COVID.

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The Mrs has just joined the semi-vaccinated against severe COVID population! :)

What a relief! Now for her to lay low for a bit. Hopefully, our son won't have to wait too much longer to get his first COVID inoculation dose!

As of this morning, the Mrs is definitely feeling some of the expected side effects. Our son laughed when I told him the first date she can get her second dose is on our 30th Wedding Anniversary! :D

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Got my second dose of Moderna this afternoon. Went into the office afterward and worked with no problems. So far, the only side effect is increasing soreness at the injection site. But the people I know who had a bad reaction all didn't start feeling shitty until the middle of the night. I took tomorrow off just in case it hits me bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks