What's new

The COVID Vaccination Thread (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I woke up with a horrible headache at 4:30 this (Saturday) morning, but I think it was caffeine withdrawal because I didn't drink any coffee while I was enduring the fallout from Moderna #2.
Caffeine withdrawal can be nasty. I had enough of a headache from my first AstraZeneca dose without going the no caffeine route. I'll be making sure to have something on hand for headaches before my second shot at the end of July.

I hope you're feeling better today, Adam!

CHEERS! :)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Today I reach my two-weeks-past-second-shot. My wife reached hers two days ago. Huzzah!

We celebrated by going to Newick's Lobster House here in Concord, NH. Our first dining out in a year. We both had their excellent thick clam chowder. I had fried calamari (both spectacular and tentacular!) and she had chicken tenders (or, as I refer to it, "tuna of the barnyard").

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
We celebrated by going to Newick's Lobster House here in Concord, NH. Our first dining out in a year. We both had their excellent thick clam chowder. I had fried calamari (both spectacular and tentacular!) and she had chicken tenders (or, as I refer to it, "tuna of the barnyard").
I love Newick's. Haven't been there in forever, but it's always a go-to place when driving thru Concord. We used to mix it up with Ruby Tuesday once in a while, but I think they're gone now?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I love Newick's. Haven't been there in forever, but it's always a go-to place when driving thru Concord. We used to mix it up with Ruby Tuesday once in a while, but I think they're gone now?
Yes, I think Ruby Tuesday went out of business. The couple of restaurants around here closed (we rarely went to them), as did the one we would stop at in Mount Airy, NC on our way to our place in South Carolina.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, I think Ruby Tuesday went out of business. The couple of restaurants around here closed (we rarely went to them), as did the one we would stop at in Mount Airy, NC on our way to our place in South Carolina.
Thanks. Looks like there are still some around (about 200), but they closed about half their locations during a recent bankruptcy reorganization. Too bad, as it was always a good meal when we visited the location in Concord.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I also found out late today that our son will be able to register for the COVID vaccine beginning next week through his not being able to work from home! :)
It appears the above may have been a bit premature, but it's difficult to tell with Ontario's discombobulated 'fall through the cracks' registration setups! :( :thumbsdown:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert,

After you get your COVID-19 vaccine, keep your vaccination card safe — scammers are using the COVID-19 pandemic to try to steal your personal information.

Don't share a photo of your COVID-19 vaccination card online or on social media. Scammers can use content you post, like your date of birth, health care details, or other personal information to steal your identity.

Protect Yourself

You should get a COVID-19 vaccination card at your first vaccine appointment. If you didn't, contact the provider site where you got vaccinated or your state health department to find out how to get a card.

If someone contacts you to buy or sell a vaccination card, it's a scam.

If you suspect COVID-19 health care fraud, report it online or call 800-HHS-TIPS (800-447-8477). TTY users can call 1-800-377-4950.

Sincerely,

The Medicare Team

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Tony Bensley said:

I also found out late today that our son will be able to register for the COVID vaccine beginning next week through his not being able to work from home!

It appears the above may have been a bit premature, but it's difficult to tell with Ontario's discombobulated 'fall through the cracks' registration setups! :( :thumbsdown:
The latest word is he and everyone at his workplace will be able to register for the COVID vaccine as of tomorrow!

CHEERS! :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I woke up with a horrible headache at 4:30 this (Saturday) morning, but I think it was caffeine withdrawal because I didn't drink any coffee while I was enduring the fallout from Moderna #2.
You gotta stay properly caffeinated to fight this pandemic!
coffee futurama GIF

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
You gotta stay properly caffeinated to fight this pandemic!
coffee futurama GIF
I'd agree if I'd not cut my coffee intake by 2/3 over the past year due to me changing my working environment (been staying in my office in the elementary building I service all day and don't have ready access to a coffee pot - at my main office there's a pot beside my desk). In my main office I typically drink a 12 cup pot a day, in that elementary office I've been drinking 2 12 oz. cups a day.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Robert,

After you get your COVID-19 vaccine, keep your vaccination card safe — scammers are using the COVID-19 pandemic to try to steal your personal information.

Don't share a photo of your COVID-19 vaccination card online or on social media. Scammers can use content you post, like your date of birth, health care details, or other personal information to steal your identity.

Protect Yourself

You should get a COVID-19 vaccination card at your first vaccine appointment. If you didn't, contact the provider site where you got vaccinated or your state health department to find out how to get a card.

If someone contacts you to buy or sell a vaccination card, it's a scam.

If you suspect COVID-19 health care fraud, report it online or call 800-HHS-TIPS (800-447-8477). TTY users can call 1-800-377-4950.

Sincerely,

The Medicare Team
Absolutely, and don't have your card laminated. There are additional lines for possible booster shots in the future. Just put it in a safe place.

Tomorrow I'll be celebrating my third week following my second Pfizer shot. I had no symptoms following the first and just felt a bit out of it the day after the second.

Stay well everyone and best of luck with this journey we're sharing worldwide.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Absolutely, and don't have your card laminated. There are additional lines for possible booster shots in the future. Just put it in a safe place.
There will have to be procedures established for people to replace lost cards, just as there are for driver's licenses, passports, etc.

We will keep our cards with our passports in our fireproof safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks