What's new

The consolidated "I want to see HEAT get a special edition" thread (1 Viewer)

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
Is the HEAT 2-Disc Special Edition going out of print? It seems to have vanished from a lot of retailers.

Is there another edition coming, or is this just a temporary "sold out" until new copies are manufactured?

mylan

Screenwriter
Roy Batty said:
Is the HEAT 2-Disc Special Edition going out of print? It seems to have vanished from a lot of retailers.
I hadn't heard this at all but that doesn't mean much. FWIW, I saw stacks of them at Best Buy last time I was in. This is one of my very favorite movies and I have debated getting this edition but felt there was no reason since there wasn't much that was new. Perhaps I need to go back and get this new one in case they do go out of print.

Ben J Loews

Stunt Coordinator
I did search for an existing Heat thread but I couldn't see one, or at least not in the 7 pages that I searched.

I read something about Mann's "Heat" possibly being re-released in the spring/summer 2008 is that true or did I imagine it?

This is one film that I love, but don't own due to the poor quality of the various DVDs that are out there.

Cheers.

Ben J Loews

Stunt Coordinator
My apologies.

I did look for a thread, but could not see one.

So, I did hear something about Warner re-releasing this sometime this year?

Are we ever going to get a new transfer for an SD DVD release?

Tom_Ca

Agent
Now that Michael Mann went back into the telecine facility to personally supervise a new high-definition transfer for the BD release, can we expect a new edition in SD with the new transfer?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks