What's new

The Chaplin Collection vol. 2 - 3/2/04 (1 Viewer)

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
I think I'll pass on the Chaplin Revue 2-disc set. Call me a purist, but I don't want The Pilgrim (the single funniest short I've ever seen) coupled with A Dog's Life and Shoulder Arms, and "strung together to form a single feature length film. Chaplin also provides new music, narration and a small amount of connecting material to the film."

I'll content myself with the two OOP Image releases containing all seven of the First National shorts (Charles Chaplin: A First National Release and The Kid/A Dog's Life) presented as they were originally intended.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
There is presently no good presentation of the Keystone Chaplins (one of them is lost). The remaining are in the works of restoration in a joint product of Bologna, Lobster Films, David Shepard and I think the BFI, but it will be some time yet before that's available for home viewing--with so many films in shabby condition there's a good deal of work to be done on these pictures.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Question; I have a 16x9 television and a Sony Blu Ray player. I've had them both for about 2 years and I set them up so that anything and everything that is 4x3 automatically formats to that setting. Last night I tried to watch City Lights. It automatically formats 16x9. I tried re setting my BD player and Television to try to get it to 4x3 and was unsucessful. The Chaplin titles are the only titles I have had this issue with. What can I do? Has anyone else encountered this?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks