What's new

The Bubble Contest: Win A Copy on Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Have to admit, I don't know any of those films, except for Miss Sadie, which some of us were hoping TT wouldn't start off with...
But having to pick, Diamond Wizard seems the best choice.

3-DIY

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric Kurland
I would love to see Universal do the restoration work on The Glass Web (as well as It Came From Outer Space, Revenge Of The Creature, and it would be nice if they would fix the existing problematic Creature from the Black Lagoon BluRay). Then they could release a Jack Arnold 3-D box set, and I'd be first in line to buy it!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Please excuse the rough quality but for those not familiar with these 3-D titles, here are some trailers:

I should add that Bounty Hunter, Jivaro and Diamond Wizard were never released in 3-D.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
ALL OF THEM.

I want every vintage title. Release them for me! Right now!

Oh, all right. Make this one MISS SADIE THOMPSON. :)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
dana martin said:
if Bob, is reading this I had a question, how are the elements for one of the few 3D titles released thru Fox, Gorilla at Large?
They're very good and Fox has done preservation on the film.

It needs some alignment and TLC to prep it for 3-D blu-ray and we've offered our services to help get it ready.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Though I've never seen it, The Diamond Wizard looks like my kind of flick. Even in 2D, I ducked when the suitcase came flying!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
dana martin said:
if Bob, is reading this I had a question, how are the elements for one of the few 3D titles released thru Fox, Gorilla at Large?
Back in the early1980s when there was a short 3D revival , WOR Channel 9 aired Gorilla At Large in 3D. They got local Horror Host (John) Zacherley to emcee the film and he was also in 3D.
I wonder if his 3D intermissions still exist, and could be included as optional bonus material in any possible release of this film. This is the kind of stuff Legend Films specializes in.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Dr Griffin said:
Though I've never seen it, The Diamond Wizard looks like my kind of flick. Even in 2D, I ducked when the suitcase came flying!
The stereo cinematography on this film is outstanding. And it's widescreen too but you can't tell from the zoomed-in trailer.

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
Bounty Hunter 79 minutes Color
Diamond Wizard 83 minutes B &W
Glass Web 81 minutes B&W
Jivaro 92 minutes Color
Miss Sadie Thompson 91 minutes Color

Would buy all of these titles today if they were even $50 each...but I'll go with Diamond Wizard as it was shot in the UK and I would like to see that style and architecture in stereoscope. (Please withdraw my name from the competition...my comments are for any labels thinking of releasing said titles..Thanks!)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
They're all widescreen too and there's a ratio for everybody!

Bounty Hunter - 1:75
Diamond Wizard - 1.65
Glass Web - 2:1
Jivaro - 1.66
Miss Sadie Thompson - 1.85

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks