What's new

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Josh Steinberg submitted a new blog post

The Bravados Blu-ray Review (Twilight Time)
Bravados-poster-1024x774.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Nice review, Josh. I shall have this.

Hoping too that TT also releases The Gunfighter, another wonderful Fox teaming of Henry King and Gregory Peck. It’s been touted for release by Signal One in the UK, but keeps getting pushed back.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thanks guys! I had missed this one when I was doing my big western binge in 2016/2017, and as I was watching it, I couldn’t believe that I had never seen it. I was surprised at both the level of violence and of the depth of the morality issues explored - it seemed very ahead of its time in that way.

Between this and Kino’s release of The Big Country, this has been a great year for Peck westerns on disc!

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Looks like the good people at Twilight Time has done it, again.
Just when we think we've seen almost every film, comes along a title we've missed. And a quality one, at that; with a great cast, a great director, a legendary DP and, to top it all off, a great transfer.
These are the savoring moments of film-viewing, physical media and home theater.
Thanks for the review, Josh.

Last edited:
"Twentieth Century Fox has provided Twilight Time with yet another fantastic transfer"

Eh....most Twentieth Century Fox color films, especially the Technicolor films, have terrible transfers!
Very contrasty en very teal-ified!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
"Twentieth Century Fox has provided Twilight Time with yet another fantastic transfer"

Eh....most Twentieth Century Fox color films, especially the Technicolor films, have terrible transfers!
Very contrasty en very teal-ified!
Yeah, we heard that before by some people while others like myself think the transfers look fantastic.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Does anyone know how good/bad the iTunes HD streaming version of this film looks?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Does anyone know how good/bad the iTunes HD streaming version of this film looks?
It looks okay, but I thought the TT BD looked better to my eyes with a more detailed presentation. Somewhere I posted my comparison thoughts either in my 'Crawdaddy' thread or the 'Daily Viewing' thread.

Edit: Okay, found my post from 2018, in which I compared the iTunes HD digital to the TT BD.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Thanks Robert! I wonder if it's possible that the streaming version has been updated in the past two years?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks