What's new

Disney+ The Book of Boba Fett (December, 2021) (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Also do some of you guys in here not have pause and rewind capability for this show?
To tell the truth, rewind does not work very well streaming from Disney+ on our Fire TV stick. If I was watching on a DVR it would be a lot easier. It took about 5 tries to start watching this episode with this stick this week. I kept on getting a Disney+ error. So, I was in no mood to play around with rewinding.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It was the question that sprung to mind for me, too. I was glad I wasn’t the only one!

Seriously? That's a question that comes to mind when someone doesn't recognize someone? Something that happens to everyone and also could be because of many things including medical. You have not met family members, friends, people who don't recognize faces well? Who have a declining memory?

If someone doesn't recognize a face, it never comes to my mind to tell them why are you asking who that is, don't you have rewind? Imagine this outrageous thing that happened. Yes I do have rewind, I did rewind and I didn't recognize him. Otherwise I wouldn't ask the question.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Sam I don’t know why you’re so bent out of shape about this.
Making a big deal out of a simple question.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

Neil gave a response that helped me understand without going on a rant.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Seriously? That's a question that comes to mind when someone doesn't recognize someone? Something that happens to everyone and also could be because of many things including medical. You have not met family members, friends, people who don't recognize faces well? Who have a declining memory?

If someone doesn't recognize a face, it never comes to my mind to tell them why are you asking who that is, don't you have rewind? Imagine this outrageous thing that happened. Yes I do have rewind, I did rewind and I didn't recognize him. Otherwise I wouldn't ask the question.
Yes, seriously. It was so obvious to me that I found it strange that anyone wouldn't recognize who that was. As in, if you're able to see and enjoy the show at all other times, then seeing who that was shouldn't be a stretch.

You also didn't mention declining sight, attempts to see via rewind, suffering from prosopagnosia, anything. So, Tony's question was more than fair.

Moving on.

I am curious what the plans might be for the fella in the bacta tank. Wondering if we'll see that play out in the next season of The Mandalorian, hold for the next season of Boba, or somewhere else in the expanding slate of series. He's a terrific actor and a great character, so I am all for seeing more of him.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Love this thread. Agree with a lot of what everyone's discussing, both the giddy excitement and slight disappointment. However, I thoroughly enjoyed Chekhov's rancor!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
All I can say is that I thought it might have been Cobb Vanth, but I had to back up and look again to confirm it. Of course, I wasn't really paying close attention and had to also confirm that it was Doc Mods about to start working on him.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Last Jedi was, by far, the best Star Wars movie since The Empire Strikes Back.

I keep wanting to respond when I see this, but I have to keep biting my tongue since this is about Boba Fett's series. I might bleed to death though. 😉

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
All I know is that I was caused to spontaneously and completely geek-out by the sight of

Boba Fett riding a freaking RANCOR into battle!

It just doesn't get much more Star Wars than that. :)
And ever since they introduced the new rancor, I knew that moment had to be coming at some point and it was still pretty great.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
273661302_10158307307876646_2127829591377287538_n.jpg

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
A decent finale of a mediocre Star Wars series somewhat redeemed only by the return of Grogu and Mando. Sloppily directed by Rodriguez by the way. They really ruined the mystery of Boba Fett and turned him into a dull chubby old bald guy….kinda like me. ;)

Ok. Enough Boba. Bring on new Mando adventures with fresh characters.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
A decent finale of a mediocre Star Wars series somewhat redeemed only by the return of Grogu and Mando. Sloppily directed by Rodriguez by the way. They really ruined the mystery of Boba Fett and turned him into a dull chubby old bald guy….kinda like me. ;)

Ok. Enough Boba. Bring on new Mando adventures with fresh characters.
What we wanted

9FF6E45C-0B51-4A32-A394-4407F807BD77.jpeg

What we got

5ED2EDEA-75A6-46CD-BCC8-9F874E9F07C7.jpeg

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’m a Robert Rodriguez fan and I was really expecting some crazy over the top ultra violent action like what we would get in Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico, etc… We ended up with a dull crime “war” with about 20 people fighting against a village of maybe a dozen people and the strangely out of place mod squad on Vespas. Throw in two droids that look like they were jerked straight out of the prequel trilogy and it’s a hot mess. It’s funny how we got better action and a more cohesive plot from Bryce Dallas Howard who obviously has a much better grasp of how to make an entertaining and engaging story now than Rodriguez. It makes me wonder if this was THE Robert Rodriguez or just some intern who happened to be named Robert Rodriguez…

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The action with the Rancor brings a new definition to “It’s just a flesh wound. He’ll get over it.” I mean he was taking some real serious punishment. I thought they were going to kill him off. Did I imagine it, or are they breeding bigger rancors these days?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Sloppily directed by Rodriguez by the way.
I agree 100%. I would even say the directing was amateurish.

Bryce Dallas Howard should just direct every episode. She's terrific. The shots she chooses, the way she frames those shots, and how she moves the camera all remind me of the best parts of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. Her episodes have this nice kinetic energy moving us through each shot and scene, and yet we stop now-and-then to just look at beautiful Star Wars frames.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Watched the finale yesterday.

I was underwhelmed. I even scanned through some of the final action sequences because, as has been brought up, it just seemed rather ridiculous with the Rancor, the shots of a small handful of townspeople reacting, and Amy Sedaris doing her crazy shtick (which is kind of getting on my nerves at this point).

Don't mean to be a Debby Downer, but as usual, the best part of the finale had nothing to do with the title character.

Loved the reunion moment. Everything else was just kind of ho-hum and I hope that this is the end of the Boba Fett series. Looking forward to Obi-Wan in a few weeks.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I agree 100%. I would even say the directing was amateurish.

Bryce Dallas Howard should just direct every episode. She's terrific. The shots she chooses, the way she frames those shots, and how she moves the camera all remind me of the best parts of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. Her episodes have this nice kinetic energy moving us through each shot and scene, and yet we stop now-and-then to just look at beautiful Star Wars frames.

I used the same word earlier to describe the action: amateurish. Eg. Boba’s gang escaping the Scorpenek droids by running down the middle of the street, offering easy targets; the stylish spin by one of the Vespa gang before firing off a laser blast, worthy of Vogue; Fennec conveniently leaving the battle as it was heating up (I probably missed why she decided to go assassinate the Pikes at that precise moment)…

But “amateurish” could certainly apply to much of the episode.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I would like to thank the last seven or eight posters for saving me a bit of typing. :)

The action was ridiculous, the dialog was as stiff as anything Lucas wrote in the prequels, Sedaris really has a way of getting on my tits…hey look there is a war going on…lets had over in my rickshaw with one of the most precious beings in the outer rim….there is no chemistry between Funnec and Boba….there wasn’t much good to say about the finale.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I forgot to mention, but I am thinking Luke’s gonna be pissed when he wakes up to find Grogu, R2 and his X Wing missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ybmsmoke107
Recent bookmarks