What's new

the best "slow-walk" scene.... (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i had this conversation with my friend the other day. for me, the only two i could think of off the top of my head were:

reservoir dogs - when they're all walking after leaving the diner. with that music in the background...talk about coolness personified.

the right stuff - when they're on the tarmac, all dressed in the astronaut suits. patriotism at it's finest.

other votes?

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Clockwork Orange - They walk looking cool and then all of a sudden, Alex starts kicking everybody in the ass.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Armegeddon did an RS-type scene too.

Swingers not only did a RD-type walk scene, they even said they were gonna do it.:emoji_thumbsup:

My personal fav: Jawbreaker. The only thing I remember about that movie was those hotties are walking down the school hall to the song "Yoo Hoo" by Imperial Teen. Nice.

And don't forget the end of Buckaroo Banzai. Each character joins Buckaroo one by one as he walks down the LA River.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
And don't forget the end of Buckaroo Banzai. Each character joins Buckaroo one by one as he walks down the LA River.
Good call. Especially love the little hop by Perfect Tommy (I think).

The BBC series "Coupling" featured a hilarious sendup of the RD walk by the the 3 male leads in the "Sex, Death & Nudity" episode of its first series.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality. Right after she gets made up and is walking out of the airport hanger. Slow motion hotness...with a trip to top it off. :D

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Deperado. :emoji_thumbsup:

Banderas and Hyak walking away from the bookstore as it explodes in a towering inferno as the soundtrack hits home.:D

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
Richard, yep that's a good one. My daughter howls in laughter at this. (As do I)

Slow motion hotness
This brings me to the classic Phoebe Cates scene in Last American Virgin with the Cars playing in the background. Not exactly walking but close enough.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
wade, actually that was "fast times at ridgemont high".

but, who the f**k cares!

that definitely also counts!

how could i have forgotten...oh the shame....

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Entering the bar to the sound of "Hurricane" by Bob Dylan in Dazed and Confused

Entering the school in Donnie Darko

Not quite slow-walk, Moore like slow-run, but Bo Derek in 10

Diana Lane in Unfaithful . More like a slow-trip.

Again, not slow walk, but more like slow-bounce, the end credits of The Man Show :D

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Travis Bickle as he's walking in the New York crowd in Taxi Driver. Bernard Herrmann's remarkable score perfectly fits it, while the composition really shows his isolation as he's clearing standing out from the rest of the crowd.

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Tombstone

On their way to the OK Corral w/ fire in the background.

Also, a similar scene in

A Bug's Life

when Hopper figures out that the bird isn't real and gets mad. (again, w/ CG fire in background).

JKS

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
The first one that leapt to mind for me - Face/Off, Niholas Cage getting out of the car on the airport tarmac.

Some great scenes in this thread. Monsters Inc, Donnie Darko, Clockwork Orange - great scenes. What is it about slow walking that is so damn cool?

Re: Rushmore - would that be Max walking out of the service elevator with the gum and the bee containers? Good scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks