What's new

the best "slow-walk" scene.... (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
How about from "The Matrix" when Neo is walking through the revolving door into the Lobby of the government agency building. You don't see anything but his boots and the footsteps, but it's still a cool scene and a cool intro. to an even cooler scene (Lobby shooting spree).

JKS

Shane D

Supporting Actor
Does it have to be a movie? How about Family Guy when Meg falls in love with Tom Tucker the NEws Anchor, and he is the high school walking down the hall in slow mo, then they pull back and everyone is walking normal speed and he's only doing that for hiw own effect? I crack up everytime I see that one.

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Did anyone mention Arnold's slow mo walk in T2 where he pulls the shotgun out of the flower box, and crushes the rose as he approaches John (and you're a little unsure who's bad and who's good if you didn't spoil it for yourself before watching it, like me! :))?? An expertly shot & edited scene in a terrific film full of them!

-Dennis

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
The first one that came to my mind was already mentioned: The Wild Bunch.

The second one that came to mind was the final, slow-mo walk of Pauline, Juliet, and Pauline's mother in Heavenly Creatures. Given the audience's knowledge of what's about to happen, it's a riveting sequence comprised of nothing more than shots of two girls and a woman walking through a park. Jackson's use of Verdi's "Humming Chorus" over the soundtrack also is inspired.

--Jefferson Morris

Andy Polo

Stunt Coordinator
behind enemy lines at the very end when Gene Hackmen is walking down the ship and looks over to all this crew.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I don't think anyone has mentioned the slo-mo scene in Empire Strikes Back when Vader slowly walks towards Luke in the cave under the tree.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Hey! How 'bout when the T800 & T1000 meet for the 1st time in the mall in T2???
How about the scene in T2 when Linda Hamilton sees the T800 for the first time in the mental hospital? Love that scene too. I like the slow mo battle at the end of The Thirteenth Warrior also.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Slow-mo walk in Office Space when Zamir, Michael, and Peter are walking out into the field to put the fax machine out of its misery. PC load letter?

"Back up in your ass with the resurrection." :)

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
This is a new one. In pirates of the Carribean when the undead pirates are walking underwater, and they keep changing forms. I thought that was pretty cool.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The scene in Help! where the Beatles get caught in front of a relativity condenser. "Bad machine!"

The quick shot of the guards getting caught in front of it afterwords is just as funny.

Cary T

Screenwriter
My favorites are any Wong Kar-Wai slow-mo walk or just literally slow walk scenes.

Like, In The Mood For Love, Days of Being Wild, Happy Together, and Chungking Express

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
There is stunning scene in Bite the Bullet in which a horse running in slow-motion is juxtaposed with another horse running in real-time.

~T

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
I can't believe this. 75 posts and not one person has mentioned Adam Sandler's "slow walk" onto the airplane in Punch-Drunk Love . That scene is so good, and it's made even better with the song "He Needs Me" by Shelley Duvall playing in the background. It's just a "WOW!" scene, just like the movie is on the whole. It's something very different and wonderful.

Others:

Definately Pheobe Cates walking out of the pool in Fast Times at Ridgemont High .

Same goes for the one in Rushmore where Max Fischer walks out of the elevator.

and...

Both "slow-walk" scenes in The Royal Tenenbaums

I also agree on the one in A Clockwork Orange . Even though I have never seen the whole film, I have seen that part and the first time I saw that, which was on the AFI special on the most heart-pounding films of all time, I was blown away by it. Truly something I had never seen before.

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
In Freddy Got Fingered when Gord, utterly defeated, slow walks into a cheese sandwhich shop as it pours down rain. It's just so absurdly dramatic. :D

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
How about Willem Dafoe in Last Temptation, carrying the cross and all the people crammed around him? Talk about EXTREME slo-mo. Does anyone how many fps that shot was?

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Marlon Brando's final walk in On The Waterfront
This is a great one that I had forgotten off the top of my head and bears repeating. What a powerful finale to one of the greatest movies of all time.

On a much lighter note, how about Mia Kirshner's slow walk entrance in "Not Another Teen Movie?" It fits so well with her character and the music that is playing. Quite drool-worthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks