What's new

Disney+ Star Wars: The Bad Batch (2021) (3 Viewers)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Great first half of the season finale. Sorry to see [the location] go, but it really does serve the story.
Totally agreed. It's the Empire now basically
tying off all the loose ends from the Prequel Trilogy, with Rampart's destruction of the cloning-facilities, and was handled near-perfectly.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The finale was pretty harrowing. Some of the claustrophobic nature of the scenes were pretty intense. Nevertheless it was a great ending. I did find some of too dark, visually. I realize they were underwater, but so much modern entertainment takes advantage of the new technology that allows for deeper dark images, but even with my 4K TV, I have a hard time keeping up.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the previous episode more, this felt like more of a denouement. I also felt it looked a bit dark and had some trouble distinguishing things.

Overall, I enjoyed the season and am looking forward to seeing where they go from there.

I really do wonder
Just how is he going to get off Kamino? Does he really think someone in the Empire will help him? I still don't entirely buy the interpretation of his situation. They turned the programming in the inhibitor way up. He did get it removed, but I don't think he would be acting the way he is if they hadn't turned it up. I think his loyalty to the group would have outweighed the Empire.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the previous episode more, this felt like more of a denouement. I also felt it looked a bit dark and had some trouble distinguishing things.

Overall, I enjoyed the season and am looking forward to seeing where they go from there.

I really do wonder
Just how is he going to get off Kamino? Does he really think someone in the Empire will help him? I still don't entirely buy the interpretation of his situation. They turned the programming in the inhibitor way up. He did get it removed, but I don't think he would be acting the way he is if they hadn't turned it up. I think his loyalty to the group would have outweighed the Empire.
I think of Crosshair as basically being in a cult. All the evidence in the world- err, galaxy isn't going to make him admit he's been wrong about his allegiance to the Empire. He'll shun the only family he's had because he's definitely right about the Empire and everyone who disagrees with or questions the Empire is personally betraying him.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
^ Sweet, definitely sounds like they landed Ian McDiarmid for the new season, here. That last finale two-parter was incredible, and apparently the fortress where the Empire took Nala Se at the very end was recently revealed to be the Mount Tantiss-facility on the planet Weyland (from the original Timothy Zahn Heir to the Empire novel trilogy).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Do we know if the season 2 premiere is still set for September 28? I would think not, since that’s the 3-episode debut of Andor, but I’ve yet to hear differently.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't look like it. I did a search on "postponed Bad Batch Season 2" and there is an article saying that The Bad Batch is not listed among the list of Disney+ September releases. No real info in the article, but speculation that it might directly follow Andor’s finale on November 23. Or perhaps it will be a surprise on some special Disney+ day or D23 day or ...

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Do we know if the season 2 premiere is still set for September 28? I would think not, since that’s the 3-episode debut of Andor, but I’ve yet to hear differently.
I've never seen a release date listed for it. Its been in Disney+ coming soon section for around 3 months and it seems to be the only show there without a release date.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I believe that after Andor ends in November, The Mandalorian: S3 starts in February so maybe they'll fill tat three month gap with The Bad Batch?
Sounds about right. Its 16 episodes like the 1st season but they will probably drop the 1st 3 episodes for the premiere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks