What's new

Disney+ Star Wars: The Bad Batch (2021) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I’ve been looking forward to this but I’m a bit relieved that it’s coming in January instead of September. There’s just so much stuff coming out right now that I wouldn’t want a quality show to get lost in the shuffle.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Really great premiere episodes. Glad that this show is back, and boy, the animation has grown leaps and bounds since TCW.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Another good episode tonight. I was surprised to see a Crosshair centered episode so early in the season. I had expected more episodes with the main group first. Some interesting developments here.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Episode 3 was great. One of the best of the series.

My memory is fuzzy, but I think this was Cody's first appearance since Revenge of the Jedi.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I enjoyed this episode a lot. I don’t know whether they were inspired by the scripts for Andor or if it’s a coincidence, but we’re really seeing what galaxy under an Empire would be like. This is exactly how the Emperor would enforce his will. The ending was a bit brutal for an animated show, but it rang horrifyingly true.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Two episodes this week. I love the rarity (for SW TV shows anyway) of an episode that doesn't feature the main characters. Episode 8 had the feel of a season finale even though the episodes keep going next week.

It was a cool surprise to see them expose the destruction of Kamino. For lack of a better word, it was nice to see Palpatine and the birth of the stormtrooper programs. Hopefully, Echo is back by the end of the season.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Two episodes this week. I love the rarity (for SW TV shows anyway) of an episode that doesn't feature the main characters. Episode 8 had the feel of a season finale even though the episodes keep going next week.

It was a cool surprise to see them expose the destruction of Kamino. For lack of a better word, it was nice to see Palpatine and the birth of the stormtrooper programs. Hopefully, Echo is back by the end of the season.
8 more episodes to go and I agree this season has been excellent even better than season 1 which was very good. They are reportedly dropping 2 episodes for the season finale also which should be March 29th.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This second season was meandering, episodic and felt unfocused until the last two episodes which were like a life saving defibrilator for a heart attack victim. They finally got to the story arc that matters and took half a season of meandering to get there. Wow.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This second season was meandering, episodic and felt unfocused until the last two episodes which were like a life saving defibrilator for a heart attack victim. They finally got to the story arc that matters and took half a season of meandering to get there. Wow.
I'd agree that it felt episodic but I don't see that as a criticism. Personally, I'm glad there is a show where there's enough episodes to have ones where some stuff happens rather than every episode being part of an arc and fans freaking out if the creators dare to have a "filler episode".

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'd agree that it felt episodic but I don't see that as a criticism. Personally, I'm glad there is a show where there's enough episodes to have ones where some stuff happens rather than every episode being part of an arc and fans freaking out if the creators dare to have a "filler episode".
I don't have an issue with filler episodes. After all, I've watched over 800 episodes of "One Piece" which is the poster boy for filler episodes. My problem with this season is the filler was poorly integrated with the main arc. It was filler and then it was like someone woke up and said, "wow, we need to get on to the main story".

The first season had filler, bit I feel it was better integrated with the main story arc. It is not like the first half of filler in season 2 turned me off. I have watched all of them and several were good, with the Gungi one being one of the least that I liked. They just should have a done a better job incorporating it than to feel like they were marking time for the first half and then all of a sudden start to hit the gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks