What's new

Disney+ Star Wars: The Bad Batch (2021) (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I did not expect an episode where our Bad Batch heroes were just incidental player and we got
the origin of Hera

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Terrible episode
Did you watch Rebels or The Clone Wars? I was a big fan of those shows and this episode was fun because of the connections between the various series.

That being said, if someone hasn't seen them, I can see not digging this episode. Also, it would be a fair critique to say that people shouldn't have to do 'homework' to enjoy an episode or that an episode shouldn't spend half its run time to give an origin story to a character from another show.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I thought the episode was good. They don't all.have to be centric on the main characters. A side story about other characters isn't a bad thing and getting the background story on Hera was interesting; however, I'm familiar with the character.

Did you watch Rebels or The Clone Wars? I was a big fan of those shows and this episode was fun because of the connections between the various series.

That being said, if someone hasn't seen them, I can see not digging this episode. Also, it would be a fair critique to say that people shouldn't have to do 'homework' to enjoy an episode or that an episode shouldn't spend half its run time to give an origin story to a character from another show.
Sometimes, looking up information on a character of interest is half the fun.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I always find it funny how Chopper is slightly more animated than a droid would be in live-action. Like how it looked as if he simply jumped down into the gutter when he was trying to infiltrate the Imperial base in this episode. It's a silly thing to laugh at but what the hey...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Chopper still has character there.

This was a great episode tonight. I don't think I expected them to follow-up on last week's episode right away. If you don't know anything about Rebels, then last week's episode was just a setup for this week's. Together the two episodes work really well.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it's because I'm a horror fan but I found that to be a fun one-off episode.

Those Pyke syndicate aliens are creepy looking but I like whenever there's a truly alien-looking alien used in Star Wars.

Regarding the end of the episode,
where the Devaronian guy lost his horn. I guess this is in the subtext but if I remember the expanded universe correctly, the loss of a horn is a major social embarrassment for that species.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
That’s welcome news. TBB has been a joy this season, something my kids and I both look forward to.
I tend to doubt it will have as long a life as Clone Wars (7 seasons), just because streaming shows tend to have a shorter lifespan for a variety of reasons.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Crosshair, you Imperial piece of crap!

I don't think it ever appeared in The Clone Wars but I really liked the idea of a tube system going into (and presumably throughout) Tipoca City because it seemed like a believably designed and necessary part of the city.

And that was a really good cliffhanger.
It was kinda shocking to see a movie location start to get destroyed but it makes sense now that the Empire has switched over to using non-clones as troopers. And much like seeing the wiped-out Geonosis in Rebels, the Empire would want to get rid of the evidence of their evil deeds.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Great end to the first.season. These animated Star Wars series are better than all three of the last movies combined. I've been critical of.Lucas's prequels in the past, but regardless of their dubious quality, I'm glad he made them, because they opened a huge territory for storytelling in the animated series.

I'll definitely be anticipating season 2. If they can maintain the quality then I'll be in for the duration. The BGM on this series has been particularly impressive. It is movie quality IMO.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There's still one more episode next week. If I confused you by mentioning the cliffhanger, I just meant the cliffhanger for this episode. :)

No problem. The way that ended, it felt like the season end. Glad to see there is one more episode to look forward to.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, a great cliffhanger. I am looking forward to seeing how they resolve it this coming Friday.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Great end to the first.season. These animated Star Wars series are better than all three of the last movies combined. I've been critical of.Lucas's prequels in the past, but regardless of their dubious quality, I'm glad he made them, because they opened a huge territory for storytelling in the animated series.

I'll definitely be anticipating season 2. If they can maintain the quality then I'll be in for the duration. The BGM on this series has been particularly impressive. It is movie quality IMO.

Yes, the animated shows + The Mandalorian are keeping Star Wars interesting. I have high hopes for the other forthcoming live action shows too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks