What's new

The Apprentice Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"Jen's only strong point was her ability to argue in the boardroom"

She also has the ability to take credit for other peoples work/ideas!!!!

Isn't that what boss is supposed to do?

Brent

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I thought the dark-haired executive with the moustache was going to start crying while Regis interviewed him. What the hell was up with that? Very strange finale overall and hopefully they will prepare better for next year's final episode.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Brilliant! :D

I think that guy who stumbled over his lines might be the one who started out as Trump's chauffeur or bodyguard years ago and worked his way up to some title like "Chief Operating Officer." It's in his 3rd (or so) most recent book. :)

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
i get stage fright too and have done SO much worse. i too was like da hell? but i totally understood. but he should have just said something simple and sat down. in a way i was hoping he would choose jen, but i didnt like the fact that she never really owned up to anything. also, i dont think trump wanted to go against the majority in the audience. he would have lost so much credibility when eveyrone else though kelly should win but i really do think he was leaning towards jen especially after the boardroom brawl. and you call that arguing? i call it yelling a bunch of nothing. damn take it down a thousand and discuss it not yell it.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I was almost expecting Trump to fire the employee with stage fright. As for the rest of the show. It was horrendous. The O'Jays were terrible. I wonder if they had to make that deal to be able to use the theme song on future DVD releases.

Anyway, the whole last hour and a half was just a dreadful waste of time.

So how long do the contestants have to wait between the task and boardroom, to getting picked? 4 months? Trump said that they just wrapped up filming their third installment.

Ric

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Okay, this 'staged' "reality" show is getting rediculous.

For starters, you mean to tell me that:
  • The most prestigious Polo club in rich Chez-Whitey-ville does not have a janatorial staff on duty, especially before a big event? (referring to dirty room/bathroom scene)
  • A fairly new facility doesn't have enough power for a few X-Box consoles and Plasma sets (Plasma sets don't eat up that much power)

That's just for openers...it just reeked of "set-up" to create drama. It's BS to me...

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator
I've had a nagging question about the finales for both seasons. Considering both seasons had been shot months in advance of their airing, does that mean the final two candidates had to wait around for months before they found out who won?

I agree, anytime someone offers any sort of constructive criticism of Jen in the boardroom, her reaction is to blow up. Last night in the boardroom George was telling her how Genworth felt and she started talking back to him like a little kid. If I was Trump I would've fired her right there. That was ridiculous.

And last night Trump still kept hounding Andy for being out-debated by Jen and Sandy. That wasn't debating, that was being immature and unprofessional.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Those sudden "difficulties" encountered during those event hosting challenges are clearly not accidental. No more than Ivana deciding to wear a bathing suit under her skirt on a day when they would be "selling" things on the street against two blondes who probably telegraphed their moves earlier.

The power outage in the gym was probably a controlled outage (click) and the "X-Box Guy" (Microsoft) was in on the "test" (judging by his semi-pro acting skills).

Also, the "horses who don't like Wisk" issue could easily be thrown in to test Kelly's ability to adjust under fire.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
You know, lots of people say that Jen only got as far as she did due to her looks, her 'fembot spell' or whatever.

Me, I think it's the opposite.

I think she's getting slammed on because she's an attractive blonde.

She certainly never tried to sex her way anywhere, unlike some of the Season 1 girls.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
What a terrible finale. Drawn out and amateurish.

While I do agree with that, I felt really bad for her during the show. They should NOT have let a bunch of people pile up all that Kelly praise, without interrupting for some positive comments about Jen. Not only because it would be more respectful towards her, but it would have made for better TV. We all knew after the 400 or so first Kelly testimonials who was going to be chosen.

The whole show was awful. How could they interrupt it with two infomercials for the O'Jays new CD and "The Contender"? How could they let the guy with the big stagefright to the mike? What the hell was Omarosa doing there again? Why didn't they talk to all the contestants?

This show, at least the finale, needs someone who can ask the tough questions and not only say "You're great and you will be a success." CBS realized that when they stopped having the "Survivor" finale hosted by Bryant Gumbel and Rosie O'Donnell, and instead gave the job to Jeff Probst, which has made the finale interesting and meaningful.

Oh, and Kelly seemd like the best choice all along. No surprise he won.

/Mike

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The worst thing was that the actual finale was like the length of last season's, about 90 minutes. But then we had a half-hour of "I can't decide! Everyone please praise Kelly so I can make it look like I actually listen to my associates!" followed by a one-hour collection of clips (there was more Pressure involved in watching that Pressure clip show than there was in any of those moments) and a promo for The Contendor.

Best thing?
"I don't like Jenn."
"So who do you like?"
"I like Kelly."
(sits down)

Brian-W

Screenwriter

And to add insult to injury, either a)camera crew didn't catch the power outage and had to 'restage' it or b) someone powered off the Plasmas via remote control.

Why? Notice when the power suddenly comes on, and the cameras happen to be in the right place taping the whole thing? X-Boxs already loaded and the game was playing?

The product placement, while I'm used to it, has just become to in your face. I feel like I'm watching an infomercial.

3 hours...thank God I bailed after he selected the winner.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Wow, this had to be the absolute WORST finale ever. I felt like I was watching a skit from Saturday Night Live, that just kept dragging on and on and on...

This just epitomized how much of a media whore Trump is. His little "Trumpisms" are laughable in-between the segments, and when they take the time to show him flying over his Trump Golf Course on a helicopter and phoning some grunt to tell them to "Move faster" on the project, it's just complete B.S. (You just know there's not a soul on the other end of that line.) He did the same thing during the Levis challenge, phoning up his secretary and saying "Clear my schedule, I have important business to take care of" or something like that. B.S.! Like he didn't know when the challenges were going to finish!

The first apprentice was good because both guys had qualities that were appealing, and each actually had a task to do that could have determined the outcome. Last time was like watching a Super Bowl between two good teams. This time it was more like a Super Bowl between two dud teams, where you knew the outcome before it even started, and the winner was nothing to write home about either.

It also looked completely staged on both ends of the challenge, and the power outage seemed sooooooo fake to me. Even more fake that they'd have generators just standing by ready to take charge. Um...yeah. You take the time to have the backup plan in place and don't take the time to ensure that the power draw won't exceed the building in the first place?? Yeah, right. And the painting of the logo ont he polo grounds? They talked about it with the groundskeeper when it was raining, and he neglects to tell them where it needs to be placed on the field? Staged.

From Trump acting like his mind wasn't made up, the product shots, the O-jays CD promotion, various product logos splashed on screen, The Contender informerical, and the tease for a Caddyshack-like "snobs vs. the caddys" in Apprentice 3, this thing has run its course in my book.

If you really want to see how dumb this show has become, watch one episode of "My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss" on Fox, and it actually sheds a light on how stupid all of this stuff is in the first place.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Well, they officially lost me for next season. After viewing that horrible disaster of a finale, I refuse to pay any more mind to Trump and his stupid staged concoctions.

UGH!

I'm still waiting to find out why exactly Ivana got up the morning of the challenge and decided to put on a bikini bottom instead of underwear.... were the maids on strike at Trump hotel?????

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

You hit the nail right on the head! Everything about this finale(and really the whole season) paled in comparison to the first season of The Apprentice. It seemed like the tasks were a lot more calculated and Trump came off looking more like a bad actor than a billionaire businessman. By the way, how many times were his lines dubbed this season? I think year of this show will get progressive worse(kinda like Survivor which was never as good as it's first two seasons) and while I'll probably tune into next season's premiere in January, I won't be expecting much. Thank goodness Alias and 24 come back next month! :emoji_thumbsup:

Beau

Supporting Actor
I missed the first hour(forgot it was on earlier than usual), so I'm glad I didn't watch the whole three hours. Was only partly watching it after he hired Kelly, having it on in the background while on the computer. Felt a little sorry for Jen with everyone saying how great Kelly was and maybe 2 people saying she should win. Though I guess she had it coming. Still feel sorry for Andy and Trump still saying he was "out-debated". I think that's total crap. But at least Kelly won.So a skit from a recent season of Saturday Night Live?:D

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I think a large part of the firings were solely for ratings:
Bradford
Stacie
Pamela
Elizabeth (she deserved to be fired...I'm talking about not letting her bring Raj and Chris to the boardroom for their chance to be fired)
the Maria/Wes double firing (again, both deserved it...but you didn't "have to do this," Trump)
Andy
Kevin (he knew that he needed a female in the final two)

JenPea

Auditioning
Sorry, all of you who think Jen got dumped on because she's an attractive (peroxide) blonde, you assume too much. I was neutral about her to a certain point, but it became painfully obvious she was doing the minimum on a task not to get pulled into the boardroom and then when there were fewer people left, she couldn't fly under the radar as much, so she had to change tactics and start revving up her argumentative BSing then take credit for someone else's ideas.

Everyone saw through the facade, and that is why they neither liked nor respected her; it had nothing to do with her looks. If she had been average or ugly, it would have made no difference. She was dissed because of her CHARACTER -- get that through your heads please.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks